× Members

Pip Consultation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137926 by pat
Pip Consultation. was created by pat
Help Help Help.
I sent off my Pip claim on the 8/7/15 and said I would be sending further evidence. Today (14/07/15) I received 2 letters.
1) Your claim has referred to Atos Healthcare.
2) An appointment for a consultation has been made for 29/7/15 the letters are dated 12/7
and its now 14/7. I will not have enough time to gather all the other evidence and send it before the consultation and I do not want to hand it in then. Help what can I do.
It is exactly 3 weeks from when they received my claim too me attending my consultation.
Is this a record.
Pat.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137935 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Consultation.
Hi Pat,

We have seen some very quick PIP decisions but I can't say whether yours is a record.

The claimant is allowed to rearrange one PIP appointment without prejudice so you could consider doing this to buy a little more time. However, you must think carefully before you do this, as you would have to keep the second appointment whatever the circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137937 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Pip Consultation.
Hi

I was going to ask them to record my consultation. would they have to rearrange it if I did.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago #137939 by
Replied by on topic Pip Consultation.
Hi P,

As an add-on to MHB's advice, you could take copy of any fresh evidence along to your face to face if you have it by then.

You could also post copy of it FAO : The PIP Decision Maker (Case Manager) at the address of the DWP Benefits Office/Centre dealing with your PIP.

There will always be a period between having your face to face, the PIP Assessor sending the PA4 Medical Report to The DWP PIP DM, and the PIP DM actually making the final decision.

Posting the evidence directly to The PIP DM will ensure that they have copy of it and can take it into account when they are making the decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

You also have the rescheduling of the forthcoming PIP face to face as suggested by MHB, if you are to do this to "buy more time" you should leave it until nearer the time of the current appointment.

As advised by MHB, you are only allowed to re-arrange once, and failure to take part in any re-arranged appointment without "Good Cause" may result in your PIP Claim being disqualified.

ATOS PIP Contact Details

bro58

8 years 9 months ago #137941 by

pat wrote: Hi

I was going to ask them to record my consultation. would they have to rearrange it if I did.

Hi P,

Most probably, Yes !!!

However, doing so would also be classed as your one request allowed to re-arrange anyway.

So if you are to re-arrange to buy more time, you could make the request at that time.

It would be advisable to keep any such requests in writing by e-mail, so that you have a "paper trail".

bro58

8 years 9 months ago #137944 by
Hi P,

For when you do eventually take part in your PIP face to face, if the assessment is to be carried out at a Consultation Centre and not at home, you should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the PIP Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the PA4 PIP Medical Report which they compile and send to The DWP.

What to expect at your assessment is covered from Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.