× Members

PIP review

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #138159 by angelcake
PIP review was created by angelcake
Hi there,

I qualified for PIP last year and now my review is due.

I'm just beginning the process again considering my previous evidence.

I see there is a new guide for 2015 - has it changed much? Obviously I am going to work through it but as regards to writing my additional information as long as currently accurate does it matter if it is more or less the same?

It feels very overwhelming have to re-write the whole thing, obviously as I'm about to read the new guide I'm not aware of any differences now with the system of 2013 when I applied last.

I will be able to get new medical letters from my GP and consultant.

Also, could you tell me as I just tried to download the PIP guide, my PC alerted me to this message ' this type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep pip_ july ISV21 (2) pdf '

Just wondered if you'd heard of this before and is it ok to just ignore it?

Many thanks

Angelcake
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #138173 by
Replied by on topic PIP review

angelcake wrote: Hi there,

I qualified for PIP last year and now my review is due.

I'm just beginning the process again considering my previous evidence.

I see there is a new guide for 2015 - has it changed much? Obviously I am going to work through it but as regards to writing my additional information as long as currently accurate does it matter if it is more or less the same?

It feels very overwhelming have to re-write the whole thing, obviously as I'm about to read the new guide I'm not aware of any differences now with the system of 2013 when I applied last.

I will be able to get new medical letters from my GP and consultant.

Also, could you tell me as I just tried to download the PIP guide, my PC alerted me to this message ' this type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep pip_ july ISV21 (2) pdf '

Just wondered if you'd heard of this before and is it ok to just ignore it?

Many thanks

Angelcake

Hi Ac

If you look at the bottom of page 2 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) it states the following :

"What’s new in this version
Updated rates of payment"

However, this will only be the updates since the last version and I think that there may have been several updates since 2013 to reflect new Case law Rulings.

You should treat this review as if it was your first claim and make it current.

This was also an updated version of The PIP Assessment Guide published in October 2014, see : Here.

The message that you saw when trying to download the PIP Claims Guide will be down to your settings on your P.C.

I can assure you that it is safe to download and save to your P.C.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #138200 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Bro

Great thanks for your help

Ac

More
8 years 9 months ago #138346 by angelcake
Hi Bro,

I'm just spoken to the DWP re: needing more time to fill in my PIP due to extreme fatigue this month. I've only been able to look at it this week on and off.

In the booklet it said to ring if needed more time but when I did she said that if it was a new claim she could automatically give an extension but because it is not she would have to pass it over for a decision within 5 working days. Trouble is it is due in this Sunday. She said that if it's declined I would get a letter next week and she said I could try ringing tomorrow but doubt there will be a decision by then.

What is best to do under the circumstances? obviously to wait for a decision next week I would miss my deadline. If i had known I would have rung before now as I knew then that the chances of me completing were zero. but as the booklet said to let them know if you need more time it lead me to believe that it wouldn't be a problem if I let them know before my deadline.

it is my additional information with regard to the descriptors I am working through the B&W guide and nowhere near finished.

Please could you advise?

Thanks

AC

More
8 years 9 months ago #138348 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
angelcake

If it is due on Sunday, then you will need to post no later than Friday afternoon, you will need to check the deadline at your local Post Office for Next Day Delivery!

If the form is not returned on time then the DWP can close your claim, we know that it has happened to some members in the past, but don't really have a feel for how often and under what circumstances.

You may get away with sending it back a couple of days late, but by the sound of it you need more time than this and I would certainly expect the DWP to take action if it is delayed longer.

I would plough on with the form as best you can and contact the DWP tomorrow for an update, if no extension has been given then my recommendation would be to send the form in incomplete with a covering letter saying that you will forward the missing information as soon as possible.

Send any further information to the DWP and if your file has been passed to one of the Assessment Providers, to them as well. I would also take a copy to any face to face assessment that you have and ask the assessor to read it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
8 years 9 months ago #138359 by angelcake
Thanks Gordon for your recommendations I will do that.

I have a few questions:

As regards last time I saw the DR - do phone consultations over the phone count? sometimes I not able to attend in person due to conditions.

Under conditions: could I write brain fog specifically as a disability or is it best to include that when I'm talking about fatigue in general in my additional information?

Re: drs letters and consultant from last award PIP 2013 - Is it worth me sending these off again with my form until I get current ones?

As regards to ticking the boxes for the descriptors - what does sometimes mean? and yes mean? in terms of I feel that with some of the descriptors that to tick sometimes does not sound enough but to put yes - that it is not all the time. Is it ok to put yes and then let them decide whether it is right by my additional information on the specific descriptor?

Finally, I noticed a post about getting award letter with regards to when next being assessed - I never received one (award letter) when I qualified I just noticed monies in my account. Does this matter and should I have a copy?

thanks

Ac

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.