× Members

PIP review

More
8 years 9 months ago #138364 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
angelcake

I think it would be more effective to explain why you have brain fog and how you are limited by it in regard to the PIP Descriptors. So might write fatigue or even chronic fatigue, if applicable, in the conditions section and then for the relevant Descriptors how that fatigue affects your ability to carry out the activities.

You can include the previous letters but try and make them relevant to now by explaining how your conditions have changed since they were produced.

If the tick boxes don't work for you then mark them "see below" and explain in the comments box or attached pages, just make sure that you actually answer the question :)

"Sometimes" means that some of the time you are limited and some of the time you are not, you need to explain the ways that you are affected, if you can show that cannot reliably perform an activity for the majority of days then you should be considered as being unable to do the activity.

"Yes" will depend on the context of the question but usually indicates that you are always affected.

You should have received a Decision Letter following the previous award, it probably doesn't matter now, although you should still be able to request it, but I would definitely make sure that you get one this time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138370 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Gordon.

can i clarify what you mean about making the past letters relevant did you mean how my conditions have or have'nt changed? I think the letters are still current in that what is said on them is current also now as it was back then.

thanks

Ac

More
8 years 9 months ago #138371 by Gordon

angelcake wrote: Hi Gordon.

can i clarify what you mean about making the past letters relevant did you mean how my conditions have or have'nt changed? I think the letters are still current in that what is said on them is current also now as it was back then.

thanks

Ac

Yes you need to make it clear that your conditions are the same or worse since the letters were written.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #138389 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP review
Sorry to post on your post angelcake. I just wandered if it was a yes to sending your current PIP award letter as I won on tribunal until January 2017 but am expecting to be reviewed any time after the new year.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138395 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Gordon,

I rang the DWP today and spoke to a lady who gave me an extension for 2wks no problem at all, didn't even have to explain and she said that she didn't know what the other lady was talking about the system has let her do it and it doesn't make any difference that it is not my first claim as every claim is new in a sense anyway.

I was worried that the first lady has already emailed a request and if they were to turn it down within 5 days, but the lady today said it was all ok and that if they look at it the system will show that she has already given me an extension.

Do you think this is ok? I won't get confirmation of the extension in writing you see

Just letting you know and other members

thanks

AC

More
8 years 9 months ago #138403 by Gordon
angelcake

I did think that the original call responder was putting unnecessary requirements in place.

I would make sure you note the date and time of the call and if you remember it the name of the person you spoke to but I would say it is OK, just make sure that the form is sent back before the end of the two weeks.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.