× Members

PIP review

More
8 years 9 months ago #139159 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP review
Hi angelcake. I do not know if it is a good idea to send in the letter. I was asking if it was.

I applied for PIP got 4 points on each. MR 4 points on each still.

Reapplied. 4 points on each. MR 6 points on DL and 4 on the other. Tribunal was awarded 12 on DL and still to 4 on the other. Was awarded for three years until January 2017 so I am expecting a review in January 2016.

Good luck with your new PIP assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139165 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Gordon

Sorry just to clarify as long as I get the form in on time it will be alright and send the additional info later?

Or do you mean they can close the claim if i just get the form in without my additional info?

More
8 years 9 months ago #139167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review

Michelle wrote: Hi angelcake. I do not know if it is a good idea to send in the letter. I was asking if it was.

I applied for PIP got 4 points on each. MR 4 points on each still.

Reapplied. 4 points on each. MR 6 points on DL and 4 on the other. Tribunal was awarded 12 on DL and still to 4 on the other. Was awarded for three years until January 2017 so I am expecting a review in January 2016.

Good luck with your new PIP assessment.

You can certainly send the award letter, but don't expect too much of it, whilst it shows the points that you scored at the Tribunal, it does not explain why you scored them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
8 years 9 months ago #139168 by Gordon

angelcake wrote: Hi Gordon

Sorry just to clarify as long as I get the form in on time it will be alright and send the additional info later?

Or do you mean they can close the claim if i just get the form in without my additional info?

Send the form in on time and the rest later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
8 years 9 months ago #139238 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Gordon,

I sent my form in special delivery on Fri for my deadline on Sunday.

The Post office said to me they won't be there at weekend ((DWP) so this won't get redelivered till mon and you have to pay VAT on a special delivery at weekend £11!! so did I want to do it for a delivery for mon? I didn't know what to do but was too anxious to go with this and have it delivered on Mon after my deadline.

So I paid the £11 reluctantly for peace of mind but haven't really got that as I checked the tracking and it was delivered this morning at 0630.

So technically I've missed my deadline through no fault of my own and I'm £11 down . I'm a bit annoyed that the DWP are giving deadlines for a Sun and my original deadline before the extension was Sun too.

They should not be giving deadlines for weekends if there is no one there to sign claims when the claimant has paid extra out of there pocket to ensure they are not penalised for late post or post failing to arrive.

more importantly I'm concerned that I may get penalised now and them close my claim because I've missed my deadline.

I feel like I should complain but don't know if it is worth it?

But at least do you think I need to call them and get something logged on the system if poss.

Please could you recommend thanks

AC

More
8 years 9 months ago #139247 by Gordon
angelcake

I would think that you would be OK as it was received on the first working day after the weekend.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris