× Members

Severe disability premium

More
8 years 9 months ago #138214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Severe disability premium

Irene wrote: Thank you Gordon I believe I understand this now - this gentleman is in receipt of pension credit and AA but if he applies for sdp he will not get it as he has over £6000 in savings. Have I got it right finally??

Not quite :)

PC takes into account your savings but SDP does not, so if they are already receiving PC then they can apply for SDP and it will be paid as long as they meet the criteria for SDP and there is some PC in payment.

It may be possible to backdate the SDP if they are able to show when they first met the criteria, back payment will be based on when they start receiving PC or became eligible for SDP, whichever is the later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138216 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Severe disability premium
Hi I

Just to enlighten you further, there is not really an upper savings limit for PC, although deduction will be made for any savings in excess of £10,000.

See the following :

PC Gov .UK

PC Age UK.

PC Age UK. Factsheet

&

P C Calculator.

As Gordon says, he has nothing to lose by requesting to be financially assessed for payment of The SDP, and there is the possibility of back payment of The SDP.

His AA payments will not be classed as Household Income for the purposes of the means test.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138218 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Severe disability premium

bro58 wrote: Hi I

Just to enlighten you further, there is not really an upper savings limit for PC, although deductions will be made for any savings in excess of £10,000.

See the following :

PC Gov .UK

PC Age UK.

PC Age UK. Factsheet

&

P C Calculator.

As Gordon says, he has nothing to lose by requesting to be financially assessed for payment of The SDP, and there is the possibility of back payment of The SDP.

His AA payments will not be classed as Household Income for the purposes of the means test.

bro58

Hi I,

See also from : "7. Appropriate minimum guarantee" on Page 7 of : This Age UK Factsheet.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.