× Members

Too much money- ESA

More
8 years 9 months ago #138438 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic Too much money- ESA
:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138445 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Too much money- ESA
Hi All,

Sorry for butting in on this topic, but I too am in receipt of ESA (IR), am single and in the SG.

I recently was awarded PIP (standard rate for both Daily Living and Mobility) at Tribunal (so still waiting for the payments to actually start).

My question is, will I now automatically qualify for the extra SDP rate of £61.85 that bro58 mentioned above, and if so, will it be backdated to last August, as the PIP payments supposedly will eventually be?!

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

A
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138449 by
Replied by on topic Too much money- ESA

Amanda wrote: Hi All,

Sorry for butting in on this topic, but I too am in receipt of ESA (IR), am single and in the SG.

I recently was awarded PIP (standard rate for both Daily Living and Mobility) at Tribunal (so still waiting for the payments to actually start).

My question is, will I now automatically qualify for the extra SDP rate of £61.85 that bro58 mentioned above, and if so, will it be backdated to last August, as the PIP payments supposedly will eventually be?!

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

A

Hi A,

As the PIP Daily Living Award will be back dated to the date of the original adverse decision, (circa August 2014) if at that time and since that time you have :

Been entitled to payment of IR ESA

Been in receipt of a PIP DL Award (which you will have been)

Lived alone, or have been classed as living alone with no one else receiving Carers Allowance (CA) for providing care for you.

You should be entitled to payment of The Severe Disability Premium (SDP) from last August :

ESA Premiums

There is no time limit to back dating payment of The SDP if entitled.

The DWP may require you to fill in an : IS10 Form

If there is no mention of paying you The SDP on top of your current IR ESA payments when your PIP DL Award has been sorted out, you should contact them.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #138450 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Too much money- ESA
Thank you, bro58.

I followed the link to ESA Premiums, and saw that it says you

need to live alone (there are exceptions to this).

Could you tell me what those exceptions are please? My children live with me, so does that mean I won't qualify?

Many thanks again!

A

More
8 years 9 months ago #138472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Too much money- ESA

Amanda wrote: Thank you, bro58.

I followed the link to ESA Premiums, and saw that it says you

need to live alone (there are exceptions to this).

Could you tell me what those exceptions are please? My children live with me, so does that mean I won't qualify?

Many thanks again!

A

Providing your children are still in education then they should be discounted a dependants, if you want to progress the matter you need to contact the DWP office that deals with your claim and ask for an IS10 form in regard the Severe Disability Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

• PiperP
8 years 9 months ago #138480 by PiperP
Replied by PiperP on topic Too much money- ESA
I'm also butting in on this if you don't mind.

I have been getting the basic rate ESA since May 20012. I finally had my assessment interview just under two weeks ago. During the interview I was told that I was going to be recommended for the support group.

I have not had any letters informing me of the decision, this could be because where I live the post often gets put through the wrong door!

I checked my account today and two payments have gone in. One for £4712.91 and another for £3000. I was expecting an amount near to the first payment but the extra £3000 has confused and worried me slightly. Could anyone possibly help work this out.

My claim started from 10th May 2012. I am single, living on my own with no children. I also get housing benefit.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.