× Members

No papers sent but ending DLA

More
8 years 6 months ago #142267 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic No papers sent but ending DLA
Thanks Gordon, but carers and DLA have still been paid ......She gets carers every week and David just got his DLA ....
Val ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142268 by Valerie
Ahh !!! Just been on phone to daughter in law and apparently it says in small print , in the original letter saying his DLA was being stopped, that if he is in receipt of this it will continue until the PIP is decided on ...
Are they numpties at those places or what ? In one breath they said it was stopped, but then said if still in receipt of it at the time it will continue !!!
I will have to try and go over and sort what papers they did receive into a proper order and file them accordingly just incase I have to go to a tribunal with him ...
On another note, that has alleviated some of my concern ...we will just now wait for the outcome ...and possible tribunal ...this just shows how panicked they are and my son has been really ill today with viral gastroenteritis ...pity they done come out and examine him now .....
Thank you once again for this help ...I am allways more than happy to pay the yearly subscription thanks Gordon and everyone else

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142269 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic No papers sent but ending DLA

Valerie wrote: Ahh !!! Just been on phone to daughter in law and apparently it says in small print , in the original letter saying his DLA was being stopped, that if he is in receipt of this it will continue until the PIP is decided on ...
Are they numpties at those places or what ? In one breath they said it was stopped, but then said if still in receipt of it at the time it will continue !!!
I will have to try and go over and sort what papers they did receive into a proper order and file them accordingly just incase I have to go to a tribunal with him ...
On another note, that has alleviated some of my concern ...we will just now wait for the outcome ...and possible tribunal ...this just shows how panicked they are and my son has been really ill today with viral gastroenteritis ...pity they done come out and examine him now .....
Thank you once again for this help ...I am allways more than happy to pay the yearly subscription thanks Gordon and everyone else

Hi V,

Yes, in a DLA to PIP transfer, the existing rate of DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, no matter what that PIP decision may be.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142270 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic No papers sent but ending DLA
I am glad that you finally have a bit of clarity about all this. The DWP are not known for making things easy for the claimant!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valerie

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142339 by Valerie
They were hoping for a letter off their doctor, which they were happy to pay for .......but there is a notice up in the practice waiting room which states doctors are now not allowed to give private letters for the use of any benefit claims

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142352 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic No papers sent but ending DLA

Valerie wrote: They were hoping for a letter off their doctor, which they were happy to pay for .......but there is a notice up in the practice waiting room which states doctors are now not allowed to give private letters for the use of any benefit claims

Hi V,

No one can stop a G.P. providing a letter of support for benefit claims if they wish to provide one !!

So, the " doctors are now not allowed" bit of the notice is confusing !

Who is it that is not allowing them to do so ?

Some G.P. Practices do have a policy of not providing letters of support for their patients, but I think that they are on "dodgy ground" putting a notice up making this a "blanket policy" !

G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide letters of support for their patients, even if the patient offers to pay.

If my G.P. had a notice like this up, I think that I would be asking the Practice Manager, do they still provide letters/reports for Insurance purposes, etc, etc, etc ?

If they do, why are they prepared to still do that, and yet they will not do so for "benefit" purposes, especially if you are prepared to pay.

Of course, at the end of the day, you cannot force your G.P. to provide a letter, and it depends whether you want to "rock the boat" with your G.P./Practice Manager.

They cannot stop you making a Subject Access Request (SAR) for all G.P. records, which is covered under The Data Protection Act 1998.

You can do so by filling in a form at the practice reception, they have 40 calender days to comply, and there will be a variable charge up to a maximum of £50.

You could then use any relevant extracts as evidence !

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

You can also make similar SARs to any Hospitals where tests, X-Rays, Consultant out-patients clinics, etc, etc have taken place.

Obviously, there would be a separate charge for this.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.