× Members

PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141538 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.
thanks for reply.
actually i did not have a clue what points i would score, as i could not make it out on the points system whether it comes under 'supervision assistance', or 'cannot cook at all'. like you say its up to the decision maker, seems to be pot luck from what i can gather! :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.

jay wrote: thanks for reply.
actually i did not have a clue what points i would score, as i could not make it out on the points system whether it comes under 'supervision assistance', or 'cannot cook at all'. like you say its up to the decision maker, seems to be pot luck from what i can gather! :pinch:

Based on what you have posted, this does not seem to be an issue of supervision or assistance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141739 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.
well i got the results today, have been awards standard rate with no mobility.
got points for things i didnt think i would, ended up with 9 altogether, however only got 2 points for the food :ohmy: under needs 'prompting' to cook, i think the definition is different to what i thought it was, as i cannot cook AT ALL.
but i am not going to argue with it, i am happy with the standard.
only got 4 for mobility. - again need 'prompting'. this word comes up a alot doesnt it? its very bizarrely worded.

does not mention anything about backpay, though says i am awarded from the '24th July', so i presume the backpay does appear in due course?

thank you for your help

More
8 years 7 months ago #141750 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.
Jay

Congratulations, the DWP do have a very broad definition of what constitutes prompting.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141762 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Medical coming up. Need advice.
Hi Jay,

If this is an entirely new PIP claim, you will get your back pay eventually. If it is a switch from DLA, your DLA payments will continue for 4 weeks and then PIP payment will begin.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.