× Members

Some questions regarding PIP F2F assessments.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141289 by Doris
1) During the F2F, does the assessor 'always' have copies of the medical evidence attached to the PIP2 form, or should the claimant always be prepared and take a copy with them ?

2) My partners PIP F2F is due in a few weeks time and I'll be attending the assessment, am I allowed to comment on anything or am I only allowed in for moral support?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141303 by Gordon

Doris wrote: 1) During the F2F, does the assessor 'always' have copies of the medical evidence attached to the PIP2 form, or should the claimant always be prepared and take a copy with them ?

2) My partners PIP F2F is due in a few weeks time and I'll be attending the assessment, am I allowed to comment on anything or am I only allowed in for moral support?

Thank you in advance.

The assessor should have all of the paperwork associated with your claim when they do the assessment, however we have heard from a few members that this is not the case. If it is easy for you to prepare a copy of the information I would recommend that you take it with you.

Unless your partner has problems communicating with another person of someone they do not know then the questioning will be directed at them, there may be an opportunity for you to comment or to add detail, but you must be aware that if the assessor asks you to be silent then you must to do so or you risk the assessment being curtailed and your partner classed as failing to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

More
8 years 7 months ago #141309 by Doris
Thanks Gordon

Another further question.

Would I be correct in assuming that regardless of substantial and significant medical reports submitted with the PIP2, once Capita have arranged a F2F appointment via letter; no paper assessment would be made ?

In other words, have Capita been known to arrange a F2F and then make an award based on paper evidence before the assessment appointment date?

More
8 years 7 months ago #141316 by Gordon

Doris wrote: Thanks Gordon

Another further question.

Would I be correct in assuming that regardless of substantial and significant medical reports submitted with the PIP2, once Capita have arranged a F2F appointment via letter; no paper assessment would be made ?

In other words, have Capita been known to arrange a F2F and then make an award based on paper evidence before the assessment appointment date?

No it is still possible for them to change their mind although it is rare and it would require significant additional evidence to be made available to the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

More
8 years 7 months ago #141340 by Doris
Thank you once again Gordon.

Sorry for the repeated questions; however, it appears to be the nature of understanding the whole assessment process....i.e one question leads to another. Hopefully there wont be many more.

I've been reading through the descriptors in the PIP Assessment Guide p.102 / 3 (Managing toilet needs or incontinence). May I ask if changing bedding fall's under this category, specifically 5E, or is this not viewed as a care or mobility requirement even if the claimant cannot manage this for themselves ?

More
8 years 7 months ago #141350 by Gordon

Doris wrote: Thank you once again Gordon.

Sorry for the repeated questions; however, it appears to be the nature of understanding the whole assessment process....i.e one question leads to another. Hopefully there wont be many more.

I've been reading through the descriptors in the PIP Assessment Guide p.102 / 3 (Managing toilet needs or incontinence). May I ask if changing bedding fall's under this category, specifically 5E, or is this not viewed as a care or mobility requirement even if the claimant cannot manage this for themselves ?

You can certainly argue that it is relevant to the Descriptor as a whole but I think you might struggle to meet (e) on the basis of this alone. You might want to look at the issues that surround this such as being unable to get out of bed in time to avoid soling the bed and issues with cleaning your self that would result and the assistance that you would need doing this.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris