× Members

Some questions regarding PIP F2F assessments.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141351 by Gordon

Doris wrote: Thank you once again Gordon.

Sorry for the repeated questions; however, it appears to be the nature of understanding the whole assessment process....i.e one question leads to another. Hopefully there wont be many more.

I've been reading through the descriptors in the PIP Assessment Guide p.102 / 3 (Managing toilet needs or incontinence). May I ask if changing bedding fall's under this category, specifically 5E, or is this not viewed as a care or mobility requirement even if the claimant cannot manage this for themselves ?

You can certainly argue that it is relevant to the Descriptor as a whole but I think you might struggle to meet (e) on the basis of this alone. You might want to look at the issues that surround this such as being unable to get out of bed in time to avoid soling the bed and issues with cleaning your self that would result and the assistance that you would need doing this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141392 by Doris
We forgot to add the diary page to the PIP2 form.

The assessment is just over a week away. Would it be best to post it to Capita (or DWP, if Capita wont accept further information) or take it along to the assessment.

If the latter, will it be included in all the other paperwork in case of MR, appeal etc.. ?

More
8 years 7 months ago #141397 by Gordon

Doris wrote: We forgot to add the diary page to the PIP2 form.

The assessment is just over a week away. Would it be best to post it to Capita (or DWP, if Capita wont accept further information) or take it along to the assessment.

If the latter, will it be included in all the other paperwork in case of MR, appeal etc.. ?

Send a copy to the assessment centre, a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker and take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it and include it your file before they continue with the assessment.

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris