× Members

Lost report

More
8 years 6 months ago #141848 by stephbryan58
Lost report was created by stephbryan58
I made an application for PIP in June 2015 and atteneded my assessment with Capita on 6th August at their offices which lasted 2 hours and i was seen by 2 practioners, one who was training the other supervising.After 6 weeks I had not heard anything so contacted capita after speaking to DWP. I was told they had no record of the report being done and my query would be escalated and to call back after a week which I Did. This time i was the report was being worked on and again mycquery would be escalated and a manager would call to update me. No call so i called again on Monday, 5th Oct. This time I was told the report was done but needed checking. The Advisor spoke to his supervisor and i was told the report would be fast tracked and would be with DWP today, thurs 8th and capita would call me to confirm the report had bèen sent. Capita did indeed call but instead of the comfiration i expected i was told I had to attend another assessment, a home visit on 29th Oct. When I asked why, i was told it could be a number of reasons, report not up to scrstch, not enough information etc and someone from the customer relations would call me in 48hrs.

My suspicion is that the delay is because I appealed about my ESA group. The hearing is 21st October. As well as fibromyalgia and sciatica, I also suffer with severe depression and anxiety and the stress of all this is taking its toll on me.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and if so could provide any advice please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141851 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lost report
Stephbryan

Welcome to the forum.

There would be no reason for Capita to hold on to your report because of your ESA appeal, they simply would not be aware that you were appealing as this is not an area of benefits that they have any involvement with.

It is far more likely, as the person who assessed you was a trainee that the original report was sub-standard and that the supervising assessor did not pay sufficient attention during the interview to be able to provide an updated report.

I would consider making a complaint to Capita about the situation.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #141898 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Lost report
Stephbryan, I was assessed for PIP by CAPITA on 13 March, after a few weeks I had another letter for another assessment on 30 March. I thought they'd obviously made a mistake, but when I rang them I got the same answer as you did. However, I didn't have another home assessment as I strongly objected to the stress of it all, so it was agreed that they would assess me over the phone there & then. I was awarded standard PIP. All the best to you.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142104 by stephbryan58
Replied by stephbryan58 on topic Lost report
Thank you. I tried to make a complaint on thursday but no one was available and i was suppossed to get a call within 48hrs but nothing. I will ring this morning again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
8 years 6 months ago #142105 by stephbryan58
Replied by stephbryan58 on topic Lost report
Hi Bud, that would certainly be an option but even though i stressed how difficult, effects on me it was a choice of the home visit or attending the assessment centre but that wouldnt be until november. I have to call them again so will see if thats an option.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
8 years 6 months ago #142117 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Lost report

Stephbryan wrote: Thank you. I tried to make a complaint on thursday but no one was available and i was suppossed to get a call within 48hrs but nothing. I will ring this morning again.

You do not have to do this over the phone if you do not wish to. You can complain in writing either by email or snail mail.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.