× Members

PIP - How many adapted cars are being taken away?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142697 by Gordon
The thing to do is to raise these issues with Motability, they are the only people who can deal with these problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittyjay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142701 by mommaduck
Violinbuddy,

Motability paid for the adaptations for me. £2000 would not get me a car and even if it did, I could not find the money to run it. IT will get me taxi fares for a while, thats about it.

My kids keep telling me not to worry as they think it will be fine. I don,t......

More
8 years 6 months ago #142709 by Kittyjay
I've just found this on the motability site under Questions and Answers re transitioning to Pip:

I've got adaptations fitted to my Motability car. What happens in this circumstance?

If you have adaptations, we will help you with the costs of fitting similar adaptations to a non-Scheme vehicle. Further information about this will be included in the personalised letter which we will send you if we are informed that you are not awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP.

That's something anyway.

Doesn't mean I won't fight tooth and nail to keep it though..

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142713 by foss27
Thats the spirit.
If you need any help with your fight just ask here.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142719 by lester
From the November issue of "lifestyle" of the 18000Motability scheme customers who have been reassessed for PIP 10500 have been awarded the enhanced rate and 7500 have lost their eligibility to remain on the scheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, an ex nurse, Kittyjay

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.