× Members

Pip help please

More
8 years 6 months ago #142973 by Just me098
Pip help please was created by Just me098
Hello,

Asked my doctor to provide a letter of support/evidence to support my mandatory reconsideration and she has said that it's the policy of the practice not to give out supporting letters and will only do this if pip request it :-/

I got my decision letter on the 19th November so running out of time :-(

Any help please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142980 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip help please

JuSt me098 wrote: Hello,

Asked my doctor to provide a letter of support/evidence to support my mandatory reconsideration and she has said that it's the policy of the practice not to give out supporting letters and will only do this if pip request it :-/

I got my decision letter on the 19th November so running out of time :-(

Any help please?

Having made a Decision on your claim the DWP are not going to seek further information, your options are to try your GP again to see if they will reconsider in the light of this, although it is quite possible that they are aware of this and are simply using it as a convenient excuse, offering to pay may make a difference!

Alternatively, you can request a copy of your medical records from your practice, there may be reports and letters that you can use for your MR. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142982 by Just me098
Replied by Just me098 on topic Pip help please
I did offer to pay and they still said its not in line within their policy.

Accessing my records can take up to 40 days. This will go over the one month.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142985 by Gordon

JuSt me098 wrote: I did offer to pay and they still said its not in line within their policy.

Accessing my records can take up to 40 days. This will go over the one month.

It can take 40 days, but usually doesn't take more than a week (for a GP practice), you can make a similar request to any hospitals you have been treated at, although this usually takes longer.

You can also directly contact any Consultants, or at least their secretaries, to see if they will help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Just me098

More
8 years 6 months ago #142986 by Just me098
Replied by Just me098 on topic Pip help please
What advice could u give about mental health and not being able to leave your house please?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142987 by Gordon

JuSt me098 wrote: What advice could u give about mental health and not being able to leave your house please?

To be honest, explaining these things is not really different whatever the activity that you are trying to answer.

- What can't I do? (go out)
- Why can't I do it? (explain your conditions)
- How am I effected if I try?
- How often am I effected? (days per week, days per month, always)
- How long am I effected for?
- Can anything reduce my symptoms? (prompting and/or support from someone you know)
- If not, why not?

From your previous posts you scored nothing for mobility, which suggests that you failed to explain your problems at a basic enough level and in sufficient detail.

It's important to understand what you score points for. For completeness the Moving Around activity looks at your ability to stand and then walk, the distances are short.

For Going Out the test breaks down into three section; being able to plan a route, being able to follow an unfamiliar route and finally following a familiar route, from what you have posted you need to show that you meet (d), (e) or (f) from the following

a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming
psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or
orientation aid. 10 points.
e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological
distress to the claimant. 10 points.
f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or
an orientation aid. 12 points.

The trap to be aware of is in relation to (b) where you need to show that no amount of prompting will be sufficient for you to leave the house, see the PIP guides for more details of the arguments necessary.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Just me098

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.