× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 1 month ago #156850 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Good day to you all,

I sent of for my SOR re PIP over a month ago and have yet still to receive a reply.
How long should I give them before another nudge, please.

Many thanks
xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process

pusscatsmum wrote: Good day to you all,

I sent of for my SOR re PIP over a month ago and have yet still to receive a reply.
How long should I give them before another nudge, please.

Many thanks
xx

I assume you mean a SAR (Subject Access Request), the DWP have 40 calendar days to respond.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #156918 by sally-jane
Hello.

Ooops I do mean SAR, apologies.
It is 6 weeks and I have heard nada!!!

I shall re send the same letter with an addition on Monday again via special mail in regards to my SAR for PIP.

Costs alone to send recorded mail etc to the DWP are ludicrous, moreover one has to do this for each and everything thy want.

Funny how they never respond to let one know when they received anything they require.

Re my ESA which is due for renewal in Sept/Oct is one thing, however the other week I was sent a form in regards to my Private Pension wanting to know how much I get a month, yet again. Last year we had to send everything dating back 10 yrs to them over 3 months in dribs and drabs each time they wanted different info, despite giving them details of who my provider is and giving them carte blanche to contact them direct .
This year they started the process to early, as most Pension providers do not send out the annual uprating/tax stuff until mid April onwards to the end of May. I wrote and said yes you can contact the provider or wait til I get a copy and I shall send you it, response nada!!!

So very competent the DWP are!!! OOps sarcasm again how very naughty of me!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 1 month ago #156928 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP and the start of the process
Yes, I always receive a letter asking about my pension several months before I get the information from the Pension Provider. You would have thought they might have worked it out by now!!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #157331 by sally-jane
Good morning one and all.

Received this morning a P60, so I shall at last be able to send the DWP a copy of the said form which they want.

Re my PIP and SAR - sent with post signed for/receipt, that has not arrived, despite giving them 40 days to respond.
I could not be bothered to re send it to the DWP, so it is now in the hands of my very excellent MP to deal with it.
A bit like putting a bomb under the DWP, as our MP is rather good, to say the least.

I shall keep you posted.

xx

More
8 years 1 month ago #158227 by sally-jane
Hi one and all,

Here we are well over 2 months and still waiting for a copy of my SAR, despite our prominent MP's involvement.

Talk about the DWP dragging their feet.

Almost makes one feel as though they are delving too deep and will come up with a problem and rescind the PIP Award set at enhanced for care/ mobility for an ongoing period.
Or is this just paranoia setting in, or could they have changed their minds ???

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.