× Members

Appeal submission

More
8 years 6 months ago #143067 by welshlass
Appeal submission was created by welshlass
Hi
I am in the process of completing an appeal submission for my husbands PIP. At present I am surrounded by all the guides and its going OK.
I have a query regarding the HP who completed my husbands report. The report was full of errors, including him being a female! It was done by papers not face to face. A simple google search has revealed the HP to be a learning disability nurse who manages supported living and residential services. How can they possibly asses my husbands complex health problems, regarding his mobility in particular, without even seeing him! I am unsure whether to include this info in the submission or not. Any comments please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143074 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Appeal submission
Hi WL,

The DWP will argue that the HCP has been fully trained in disability assessment and is therefore able to properly assess your husband's problems.

It is OK to mention this fact, but don't forget that PIP will only be awarded through scoring the necessary points. Don't spend all your time trying to discredit the assessment and forget to make a good case for how and why the points should have been scored.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Lynsey
8 years 6 months ago #143095 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic Appeal submission
That's ridiculous not even being able to get someone's gender right!

How do you find out the person's name who assessed you?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143103 by welshlass
Replied by welshlass on topic Appeal submission
Thank you.
I have gone through the descriptors and clearly ( I think) explained how he qualifies for each different relevant part. It takes a long time but the guides are a great help and I think I am almost ready to send it all off!

More
8 years 6 months ago #143110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeal submission

Lynsey wrote: That's ridiculous not even being able to get someone's gender right!

How do you find out the person's name who assessed you?

It will be on the assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148146 by welshlass
Replied by welshlass on topic Appeal submission
Hello Just giving an update We have now received the appeal documents for my husbands case but as yet no date for a hearing. When the DWP papers arrived I could not believe that within the first few pages they didn't even list my husbands conditions correctly. Surely this is basic information!
We have prepared notes and are waiting for the hearing. The whole process has been mistake after mistake and I am sure he is not the only person going through this.
Many thanks for the excellent guides and help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.