× Members

Too frightened to ask for the MR

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143426 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Too frightened to ask for the MR

fastmoggy wrote: Does that also apply to the free car tax disc? at the moment on paper the car is taxed till next year which would coincide with the end of her original pip award or do I now have to change to car usage from disability back to private?

Hi fm,

If you no longer have an Enhanced Rate PIP Mobility Award, (Or HR DLA Mobility Award) then you no longer have entitlement to exemption from paying Road Tax for your car.

(Remember, you can get a 50% discount for Road Tax with a Standard PIP Mobility Award)

See : This Page

So, you need to contact DVLA to inform them that you no longer have a PIP Mobility Award.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143515 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic Too frightened to ask for the MR
hi, thanks for that. I was really expecting it to be honest! I was aware of the 50% reduction BUT all she has now is the standard rate :-( so looks like going down the post office!
Thanks again for replying regards this issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.