× Members

Newcastle PIP consultation office ???

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143272 by Valerie
Newcastle PIP consultation office ??? was created by Valerie
My son has to go for a PIP medical at the Newcastle (Tyne & Wear) PIP Consultation office on Wednesday ....we are not too sure where it is. We know where the Centre for Life is , and the DWP told us it is 2 doors away from that ...phoned the Centre for Life and the car park attendant said he had no idea how it could be 2 doors away ...I asked DWP for the phone, so I could ask them myself, but was told I cannot phone ATOS only she can ask them
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143277 by

Valerie wrote: My son has to go for a PIP medical at the Newcastle (Tyne & Wear) PIP Consultation office on Wednesday ....we are not too sure where it is. We know where the Centre for Life is , and the DWP told us it is 2 doors away from that ...phoned the Centre for Life and the car park attendant said he had no idea how it could be 2 doors away ...I asked DWP for the phone, so I could ask them myself, but was told I cannot phone ATOS only she can ask them

Hi V,

There is a list of ATOS PIP Consultation venues in The N/East on This Page

There is nothing to stop you contacting ATOS yourself, there is a link to e-mail them to the top right of the same page.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #143279 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???
Thank you, wish we had asked you before ....he lives in Sunderland and looking at that list , there is one just up the road from his home, but sending all the way to the centre of Newcastle, which none of us really know, with my husband having to drive ..just nerve racking
Valerie

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143286 by

Valerie wrote: Thank you, wish we had asked you before ....he lives in Sunderland and looking at that list , there is one just up the road from his home, but sending all the way to the centre of Newcastle, which none of us really know, with my husband having to drive ..just nerve racking
Valerie

Hi V,

In that case, he can challenge ATOS as to why they are not giving him a venue nearer to home.

Remember, you can rearrange once, and travelling time to and from the venue must not exceed 90 minutes either way by Public Transport.

I would keep all correspondence with ATOS regarding this in writing, by e-mail to create a paper trail.

You should be aware that how he manages the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

He may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the PIP PA4 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

You can read what to expect at a PIP Face to Face from around Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You may find : This Post interesting.

Good luck and let us know how things pan out.

bro598

More
8 years 6 months ago #143296 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???
Thank you ....actually it was re-arranged once as the first place was at Hartlepool and they told him to get a train then 2 buses !!! He is not safe out alone and that appointment was for 9 a.m. They changed it to Newcastle and said there were no other options !!!!
Valerie

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143311 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???
You might wish to make a formal complaint about your sons treatment by ATOS.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.