× Members

Newcastle PIP consultation office ???

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143478 by gls226
Replied by gls226 on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???

Valerie wrote: My son has to go for a PIP medical at the Newcastle (Tyne & Wear) PIP Consultation office on Wednesday ....we are not too sure where it is. We know where the Centre for Life is , and the DWP told us it is 2 doors away from that ...phoned the Centre for Life and the car park attendant said he had no idea how it could be 2 doors away ...I asked DWP for the phone, so I could ask them myself, but was told I cannot phone ATOS only she can ask them

Hi Valerie,

The PIP Consultation Centre is in an office/residential complex called St James Gate - next to the Jury's Inn hotel, if you check out Google Maps - it's actually across the street called Marlborough from the Centre for Life.

If you're driving, the complex has a drop-off area accessible from Scotswood Rd. It offers 15 mins waiting, but no long-term parking. The nearest car park would be the Times Square car park on Railway St.

The Centre for Life gives the car park satnav postcode as NE4 7AD, although on Google Maps its marker is incorrect - it has it much further away, but it's actually right across the road from the St James Gate complex (there's a bus stop marker where the car park is).

Exiting the TImes Square car park pedestrian entrance, you can cross the road at the traffic lights right outside and use the pedestrian ramp access which will take you into the complex and you'd see the office blocks straight ahead.

Hope that helps.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145982 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???
Now, two weeks before Xmas a letter has arrived to say he has been kicked off and his money will be stopped by January 5th !! Absolutely unbelievable !!! Had his wife crying on the phone, understandably very upset ...nothing has changed in the past few years except fits got worse and the sleep apnoea ...so cannot understand why ...his doctor had filled in what was required and explained about how the fits affect him etc ...
They actually have said although he is not safe using a conventional oven he could try a microwave ....which they don't have .....and could shower instead of a bath ...they have no shower and no means of paying to get one ...
And at no point have they mentioned the sleep apnoea even though the doctor has pointed out that it really makes him very lethargic especially coupled with the night time fits ...he is no good the next couple of days ...hospital are seeing him again next week as they gave monitored him and he is not getting enough oxygen ...can't use the mouth things as he has fits in his sleep ...we think the first stage is to ask for a reconsideration, is that correct ...
It was a physiotherapist who assessed him ....would love to know what she was writing down at the assessment ...
This is the time that he has to be watched as fits increase with worry and anxiety, which was mentioned in the letter saying he could get something off the doctor for that ! No he can't as when they tried before they affected the fits badly ... And to top it all their 3 year old daughter now has suspected autism same as their 1- year old son ...what an absolute worry for all the family ...
Many thanks for any advice where and what to do next
Valerie

More
8 years 4 months ago #145998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Newcastle PIP consultation office ???
Valerie

Yes they need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, have a look at the PIP Appeal guide for more details and there are template letters that can be used to make the request in the Members Only area.

I assume they are currently receiving DLA, the assessment criteria for PIP are very different so it is easy to get confused about what the DWP are looking for. They should have a read of the PIP Claim guide to make sure they understand what criteria they need to met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145999 by
Hi V,

It is no accident that so many claimants (and more to come) who were previously legitimately entitled to DLA Awards are now getting reduced PIP Awards or no PIP Awards at all ! :(

PIP was specifically devised to cut at least 20% off the existing disability welfare bill !!!!

These "savings" will be part of the 12 Billion that the Tories are banging on about !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 months ago #146003 by Valerie
Thank you both of you ..I will see the guides mentioned and save them to my computer so that me and his wife can have a proper read of everything ...I didn't realise we could ask for a copy of the assessors report before asking for a re-consideration , so thank you we will do that ...
Yes he receives DLA and has done for few years ...but the DWP or whoever, forgot (on their own admission) to send the papers to him when it was nearly up, so just sent a letter to say it was being stopped ....however they still got paid but this will be the last ...wonderful Xmas present eh ???
Thank you for all your help not just for us personally, but all the others you help
Valerie

More
8 years 4 months ago #146014 by Valerie
My subscription runs out early January will I get a reminder sent ??

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.