× Members

Zero points and called a liar

More
8 years 5 months ago #144495 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Zero points and called a liar

Lynsey wrote: Perhaps if i am successful, I could become an example for folk with brain injury?

Just a suggestion. I notice you don't have any examples of claimants affected by brain injury in your guides. At least I can't remember reading any.

It is possible, but remember it is not the condition but it's effects that are being looked at, so we're not trying to provide a guide that shows how a someone with a particular problem can document there problems, especially as two people with the same condition may be effected in very different ways.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144512 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic Zero points and called a liar
You're absoluately right yet again Gordon. And I realised that after I'd posted it myself. I've got quite a unique set of circumstances so I perhaps wouldn't be much use to you.

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144514 by Lynsey
Thanks Foss,

I went to Headway a while back for something else and I had an assessment and they were really nice. But two things annoyed me a little bit:

a) they wrote down while i was sitting there that I had no communication difficulties because I haven't got deafness or lost my power of speech completely (I thought we'd explained well enough that I had other difficulteis in that area but there you go)

b) then they never got back to me and it has been months

But I think we will contact them again. If only to ask if they know about orientation aids for people with brain injury because the woman in the mobility shop said to contact them.

We have got an appointment with someone on Friday - I cant remember who but not Headway - so I will take my ipad and show them this website if they internet.

I thin kpart of the problem with people misunderstanding me - especially these days as my disorientation and concentration is getting worse - is a lose my train of thought quite a lot when I'm saying something and I go off in tangents and dont get to the point.

It's ok writing things as I can go back and put them in the right order but this is exactly why my face to face assessment was a disaster.

Anyway many thanks xx

More
8 years 5 months ago #145326 by Noel
Replied by Noel on topic Zero points and called a liar
Hello Lynsey

I can fully relate to you as I have had 2 expos ideas of Encephalities and now suffer from residuals such as memory problems and understanding others or written stuff.

I do got zero points after being on enchanced for 2 years and since then have 2 additional illnesses. It's almost like they are talking about someone else.

My main issue is my car goes back and carers allowance ends!!! All before I even get decision back from MR..

I too can now believe what other said about lies I never thought could happen but it does!!! Also see now how easy it is to give up and end things like a lot of individuals have done,, but I,ve gone from upset to anger and will not be giving up.

Sorry ranting on & thanks for reading.

Noel

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145601 by Lynsey
I'm glad to hear you are not giving up, Noel. And that sounds absolutely ridiculous that you could be on enhanced and then get zero points for the same medical condition.

I have written a long and detailed letter of complaint to Atos. It would have been even longer and more detailed if DWP had bothered to send me the assessor's report - I now realise they actually have 27 days to send out the report after receiving a written request for it. As it stands I could only complain about the assesor\s behaviour on the day. Atos did reply very quickly and said a full investigation would take place.

Luckily my GP is absolutely brilliant. He's written me a very good letter which I just recieved today and it's completely at odds with what decision maker claims the assessor said about me during the assessment. And I'll soon have all my data from the brain injury project i used to attend - I asked them back in september for this stuff but due to an admin error the procedure got held up.

I think the assessor for one is going to look like a complete idiot when they receive all this stuff.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.