× Members

Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets

More
8 years 3 months ago #146999 by willow
I am filling in a PIP application at the moment which I need to get in the post in the next day or so. I have been using your guide to help me to do this and have a lot of information to fill in on the additional information section for most of the questions which will necessitate continuation pages. Can anyone tell me please – do you need to have everything handwritten or can continuation sheets be typed? Thank you for any help/information you can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147008 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets
Hi

Yes you can type the info.

Just be sure to clearly label the info relevant to each question and make sure it is referred to properly as the DWP will use any pathetic excuse not to read submissions such as they can't read simple additional pages if they aren't clearly cross referenced. Even then they struggle!!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by foss27.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147022 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets

willow wrote: I am filling in a PIP application at the moment which I need to get in the post in the next day or so. I have been using your guide to help me to do this and have a lot of information to fill in on the additional information section for most of the questions which will necessitate continuation pages. Can anyone tell me please – do you need to have everything handwritten or can continuation sheets be typed? Thank you for any help/information you can give me.

Hi w,

There is nothing to stop you typing up your responses and evidence on separate A4 pages.

You should head each separate sheet with your Name, DOB, Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

You can simply write in the space provided for each particular question in the PIP 2 Form, "See my response on separate added page number, 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, etc, etc." (or words to that affect)

You can then attach the extra A4 pages to the back of the PIP 2 Form, you can use Treasury Tags or something similar to do this.

Remember to keep a copy of everything.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155521 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets
I had a face to face assessment several weeks ago. Three weeks later I got a letter from the DWP stating "We've now got the information and reports we need about your condition and how this affects you for your claim to Personal Independence Payment. We're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we'll contact you as soon as we've made a decision".

That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any other correspondence from the DWP. Can anyone tell me if this is what usually happens please? Thanks for your help.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155544 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets

willow wrote: I had a face to face assessment several weeks ago. Three weeks later I got a letter from the DWP stating "We've now got the information and reports we need about your condition and how this affects you for your claim to Personal Independence Payment. We're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim but we'll contact you as soon as we've made a decision".

That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any other correspondence from the DWP. Can anyone tell me if this is what usually happens please? Thanks for your help.

There seems to have been a considerable slow down in the back end of the PIP process since the beginning of the year, at the time we were seeing Decisions made in 1-2 weeks, last month we were advising 3-5 weeks and I will probably now start saying 4-8 weeks.

All I can suggest is that you contact the DWP office dealing with your claim on a regular basis for an update,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155550 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Completing PIP forms - Additional Sheets
Thanks Gordon, I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. I will keep you updated when I hear anything else.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.