× Members

ESA Supersession

More
8 years 3 months ago #151356 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic ESA Supersession
Thanks Gordon,
I take it you mean the ESA85A? Well I've already asked for this and the lady got kind of confused as to what it was and why I needed it anyway. DWP staff (what are they like!!)

Should I try again or is there a 30 day time limit on requesting these documents, and do you think it would be advisable to say I need this as a reference for my PIP claim? I already get HRM DLA and I'm loath to put it at risk but it has to happen at sometime in the future.

Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151383 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Supersession

Bill wrote: Thanks Gordon,
I take it you mean the ESA85A? Well I've already asked for this and the lady got kind of confused as to what it was and why I needed it anyway. DWP staff (what are they like!!)

Should I try again or is there a 30 day time limit on requesting these documents, and do you think it would be advisable to say I need this as a reference for my PIP claim? I already get HRM DLA and I'm loath to put it at risk but it has to happen at sometime in the future.

Bill.

There's no time limit for you requesting the assessment reports from your ESA claim, I would have another go, the call centre staff are not always well trained, I suspect that there is high staff turnover.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #151416 by Bill
Gordon,
It's a bit of a lottery at the DWP isn't it? I just spoke to a man who knew exactly what I was talking about and said I'll have the assessors report within a week.
I'm glad that I sought your advice on this as this will clarify my decision whether to go ahead with the new claim or leave well alone.

Bill.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151456 by soozie
Replied by soozie on topic ESA Supersession
Well done Bill,

I am currently in the process of collecting evidence to request a supersession. Like you i was told the sg is for the terminally ill and extreme disabilities.
However after moving house and changing jobcentres my work interviews are no longer 6 monthly phone calls but regular face to face appointments and i frequently am too sick to get there. The stress and anxiety of cancelling an appointment: which can take a whole day and costs more in phone calls than i receive in benefit! And then being told i have to prove i am ill !!

My health is worse than it has been for a long time. I am feeling very low emotionally and so i hope to prove that they are putting my health at substantial risk from being in the wrag. I don't want to be there forever, just long enough to improve my health and put my energy into getting stable. Although given the process of simply claiming esa and pip that could be a while !

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Soozie

More
8 years 3 months ago #151469 by Bill
soozie,
I hope you get all the medical evidence that you require to gain entry to the support group. This seems to be the theme when in the WRAG, it starts off gently and before you know it your no better off than being on JSA, and if IDS gets his way in the next few weeks it will get even harsher.

Anyway you have come to the right place here as all the moderators know there stuff and will do all they can to advise you.
I wish you the best of luck in your tussle with the DWP.

Kindest Regards

Bill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: soozie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris