× Members

ESA Supersession

More
8 years 4 months ago #148447 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Supersession
Bill

Congratulations on the award. Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #148485 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Supersession
Great news Bill! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #148492 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Supersession
Hi Bill

Re the migration to PIP.
It depends on what you think you might qualify for. PIP is very different to DLA but your current health situation might get you higher rate mobility and help so if you think its worth it you should make the call.
Its impossible to know how long you might wait for the migration.

More
8 years 4 months ago #148519 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic ESA Supersession
Hi foss27,
When I first applied for dla I received high rate mobility and low rate care. After my first reassessment I lost the lot!!
I reapplied some time later and had my high rate care only reinstated and it continues to this day. Considering the 'fickle' nature of the benefits system it's not surprising that we're all a bit wary about upsetting the applecart when it comes to reapplying.

As I understand it, the Scottish government will be in charge of administering pip from April 2017 so I was thinking it might be advisable to try and keep my dla until then and hopefully get a fairer hearing from the Edinburgh lot.
It's a long shot I know but we all need something to hang onto these days lol. :laugh:
Best Regards
Bill.
PS I'll keep reading the excellent advice on the forum and start another thread when I decide to go for it.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151288 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic ESA Supersession
Hello,
I've decided to initiate a claim for PIP as I now believe that I will qualify for the care component as well as the mobility.

But here lies a problem of my own making and I would appreciate some advice if possible.
As we know, I have recently been placed in the support group from the WRAG because of a deterioration of my heart condition, and after a quick perusal of the ESA 50 (copy) it seems I have declared that I can sometimes mobilise between 30/50 meters but my safe and reliable mobilising distance is 20/30 meters.

I have also stated somewhere else on the ESA50 that I would be unable to propel a manual wheelchair 50 meters due to breathlessness.

Will the ESA50 be used as evidence in my PIP claim and if so have I scuppered my chance of enhanced mobility? As there is a difference between mobilising and walking would I be justified in using the 20 meter criteria for the PIP claim?

Bill.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151311 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Supersession
Bill

They may or may not use the reports from your ESA claim to help them make a Decision on any PIP claim that you might make, if they do then it will be the assessors report that will most likely be used so you need to see what that says rather than what you put on your ESA50.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.