× Members

Pregnancy

• Hatty
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #147284 by Hatty
Pregnancy was created by Hatty
Who, how, and when do I need to inform that i'm pregnant?

I'm currently on ESA(sg) and DLA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pregnancy

Hatty wrote: Who, how, and when do I need to inform that i'm pregnant?

I'm currently on ESA(sg) and DLA.

I've done some searches and I cannot find any specific date by which a claimant must inform the DWP that they are pregnant, I'm not even sure that there is a requirement for you to do so at all, although it is likely covered under the more general heading of a Change of Circumstances in which case the 30 day rule would apply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149499 by Rach
Replied by Rach on topic Pregnancy
I'm very early on in pregnancy and have my ESA medical in 2 weeks. Are there any consequences of not telling them... I don't see that it's relevant to mention it this early in pregnancy.

Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #149505 by Gordon

Rach wrote: I'm very early on in pregnancy and have my ESA medical in 2 weeks. Are there any consequences of not telling them... I don't see that it's relevant to mention it this early in pregnancy.

Thanks

My experience of claimants withholding information is that it usually ends badly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149533 by Rach
Replied by Rach on topic Pregnancy
Thanks Gordon. I hadn't intended to lie if asked, but was thinking of not offering it otherwise. Given the significant number of pregnancies that don't make it past the early stages it doesn't seem right that they'd be making decision based on something that's not definite. Though I don't know if I'd be better or worse off anyhow.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149558 by Gordon

Rach wrote: Thanks Gordon. I hadn't intended to lie if asked, but was thinking of not offering it otherwise. Given the significant number of pregnancies that don't make it past the early stages it doesn't seem right that they'd be making decision based on something that's not definite. Though I don't know if I'd be better or worse off anyhow.

Having knowledge of facts that might effect your benefits and not disclosing them is a potential issue, however, your being pregnant should not effect any assessment done on you and a result, any potential award, providing you are able to distinguish the limitations that result from your conditions from the symptoms that are from your pregnancy.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.