× Members

PIP Q2b - Medication

More
7 years 11 months ago #157801 by bmeenan
Replied by bmeenan on topic PIP Q2b - Medication
Hi mods (again - thank you ☺)

Can I ask your thoughts on two PIP areas pls?
In today's newsletter, it mentioned the lung function test now not being used for one particular class of claimants due to a specific medical disorder, as my wife has a different lung disorder, might she still be asked to do this test? We have provided numerous recent hospital test results of this type already?

Secondly, when they assess my wife's "grip / strength", which is very low, should they not be using a properly calibrated machine such as a dynamometer instead of a highly subjective individual's opinion?
PS - just gearing up for the home assessment that's looming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157819 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Q2b - Medication

barney15 wrote: Hi mods (again - thank you ☺)

Can I ask your thoughts on two PIP areas pls?
In today's newsletter, it mentioned the lung function test now not being used for one particular class of claimants due to a specific medical disorder, as my wife has a different lung disorder, might she still be asked to do this test? We have provided numerous recent hospital test results of this type already?

Secondly, when they assess my wife's "grip / strength", which is very low, should they not be using a properly calibrated machine such as a dynamometer instead of a highly subjective individual's opinion?
PS - just gearing up for the home assessment that's looming

She may be asked, but there is no guarantee, I would expect a nurse or doctor to consider the test but think it unlikely that a physiotherapist would even if trained to use the equipment.

I'm afraid, at best, it will be a subjective check by the assessors.

If formal testing of either of these functions have been done for your wife then I would include the results with the claim form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmeenan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.