× Members

Changing to PIP from DLA

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155034 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changing to PIP from DLA

princessworm wrote: After sending off all our forms we have since had some bad news about our sons condition ,his immune system is so low its at a level that it cannot fight off infections it means that he has started a strong anti biotic treatment and is going to have to have a course of immunoglobuins weekly administered at home at first by a nurse then after we have been trained my wife or I will have to administer the infusion ,would it be wise to send this new information straight in or wait until the nurse comes this week so we know how long the infusions will take thank you for any advice

Based on your post the change would not be relevant to PIP as is it is temporary, but I would still contact both the DWP and the Assessment Provider (AP) and it sounds as if there would be issues in regard to him being assessed at the moment and certainly problems if he was asked to attend at there offices. It might help if your GP writes in support!

The DWP office will be on the letter that accompanied the PIP2. The AP will be dependant on your postcode. See

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...pip-postcode-map.pdf

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

www.atoshealthcare.com/PIP/PIP_Contact_Search

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157636 by princessworm
Replied by princessworm on topic Changing to PIP from DLA
Well my son attended his pip assessment with his mum as appointee and my self as well he found it hard to cope with and the questions came thick and fast with many leading questions asked and the same things asked in two or three different forms what struck me as unusual were firstly the assessor said I will look through your file and evidence later ,secondly when we explained about his thrombosis in his leg that causes it to swell in either hot or cold weather they took one look at his leg as he was sat down with tracksuit bottoms on and said yes I can see it is without asking to even look at it and thirdly we were asked at the end of the assessment what level DLA was my son on and what level mobility I will post the results when the letter arrives but there were some questions we were never asked about the assessment lasted 45 mins

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157643 by Gordon

princessworm wrote: Well my son attended his pip assessment with his mum as appointee and my self as well he found it hard to cope with and the questions came thick and fast with many leading questions asked and the same things asked in two or three different forms what struck me as unusual were firstly the assessor said I will look through your file and evidence later ,secondly when we explained about his thrombosis in his leg that causes it to swell in either hot or cold weather they took one look at his leg as he was sat down with tracksuit bottoms on and said yes I can see it is without asking to even look at it and thirdly we were asked at the end of the assessment what level DLA was my son on and what level mobility I will post the results when the letter arrives but there were some questions we were never asked about the assessment lasted 45 mins

The important thing is that this stage is over, I'm afraid Decisions are currently taking in excess eight weeks so it may be some time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 4 days ago #157964 by princessworm
Just after 3 weeks since our sons assessment and a letter drops through the door saying how sorry the DWP is that the decision is taking so long and that now they have all the relevant information and reports and they will contact us when a decision has been made is , this a regular letter that they send out at this stage .

More
8 years 4 days ago #157978 by Gordon

princessworm wrote: Just after 3 weeks since our sons assessment and a letter drops through the door saying how sorry the DWP is that the decision is taking so long and that now they have all the relevant information and reports and they will contact us when a decision has been made is , this a regular letter that they send out at this stage .

Yes it's a standard letter, PIP Decision times are now running at 8 weeks or more.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: princessworm

More
7 years 11 months ago #159367 by princessworm
Our decision arrived today we got 15pts for enhanced rate of PIP and Standard rate mobility of 10pts thank you so much for the help that this forum and your wonderful site has provided us with , the information you gave helped us navigate through a minefield and we feel that our son has been assessed as we feel he should have been once again thank you Princess Worm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.