× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #155525 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic DLA to PIP
Hi

I cancelled my Home Assessment,, which was due to be today between 12.30 and 2.30.
I emailed Atos a week ago, and received an email back saying my appointment had been cancelled, and that they would ask for a new one to be sent by letter.

However, at 10.50 am today, the doorbell rang, and it was a PIP Assessor. I told her I had cancelled, and she left. But I feel so distraught and angry at this. Are they incompetent, or are they trying to catch me out?

I have already written a week ago to say I cannot cope with a face to face assessment, and would they consider assessing me on paper. My mental health problems (the reason for my application) have worsened since the start of this PIP process, starting with not receiving a PIP 1
in the post when I requested it.

I have taken Gordon's advice, and contacted my MP again re the paper assessment, as she did help to get a PIP 1 sent to me.

My GP also requested that I did not have to undergo a face to face, but either Atos didn't read her letter, or they didn't take any notice of it.
Thanks for your time

Vivienne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 hours ago #158345 by vivi
Hi

I managed to get a paper based assessment with the help of my MP. I have not received a decision yet, and my DLA fixed term award ends 6th June 2016.

If no decision has been sent by 6th June, will my DLA stop, or continue until a decision is made
on my PIP claim? I know that indefinite awards continue until a PIP outcome is decided, but does this apply to fixed term awards as well?

Thank you

Vivienne

More
8 years 5 hours ago #158360 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

vivi wrote: Hi

I managed to get a paper based assessment with the help of my MP. I have not received a decision yet, and my DLA fixed term award ends 6th June 2016.

If no decision has been sent by 6th June, will my DLA stop, or continue until a decision is made
on my PIP claim? I know that indefinite awards continue until a PIP outcome is decided, but does this apply to fixed term awards as well?

Thank you

Vivienne

No they will extend it if necessary, usually by a year. Your DLA should stay in payment until four weeks after a Decision has been made on your PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158413 by vivi
Hello

I would like to request a copy of the report made by Atos for my paper based assessment.

Do I ask DWP for a PA4 or a PA3?

Thank you

Vivienne

More
7 years 11 months ago #158415 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

vivi wrote: Hello

I would like to request a copy of the report made by Atos for my paper based assessment.

Do I ask DWP for a PA4 or a PA3?

Thank you

Vivienne

I believe it's a PA3 for a paper assessment, but if you just ask for the assessment report that should get it sent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: vivi

More
7 years 11 months ago #159448 by vivi
Hello

I just want to thank Gordon for advising me to contact my MP to get a paper based assessment for PIP, as I truly couldn't cope with a face to face assessment, due to long term mental health problems.

Today I received my Decision letter and I have been awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility, which is more than I was expecting. I am very grateful for all the help I have received from this forum and the guides.

Hopefully I will sleep a bit better now. My award is for 'an ongoing period'? What exactly does this mean? Will I be assessed again?

Thank you very much

Vivienne

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.