× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #153216 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic DLA to PIP
Hello

I sent my PIP2 form back on Monday by Special Delivery, in order to get a proof
of signature, but when I looked at the Post Office website yesterday afternoon, there is no signature saying its been delivered. This is making me scared and angry, because it cost
a lot to send the form back special delivery, and also the deadline for my form is early
next week.

Should I send a copy of the Proof of Posting to the DWP, so that they don't just suddenly
stop my DLA? I know the forms take a long time to get to the right department.

This process is causing me more stress than I can take, and I can't sleep.

Thanks for your help.

Vivienne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153251 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Vivi

There used to a problem with the Royal Mail Tracking where deliveries did not show up, For some bizarre reason they had two tracking screens, one would show the parcel as undelivered and the other would show that it was.

It's worth checking again as it can take a while before the delivery is registered.

You can always ring the DWP to check that they have received your form.

I would not send the tracking receipt unless you need to and only a copy if you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #153263 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic DLA to PIP
I had this problem with mail tracking not showing up, so I complained to the Royal Mail and got an email back from them with the signed signature that they had, even though it was not showing when I checked.

Mags

More
8 years 2 months ago #153304 by vivi
Thanks for the replies. There is still no signature on the Royal Mail website after 48 hours.,
but I have received a text from the DWP saying that they have received my form now.

Thank God - I don't think I'll pay all that extra for special delivery next time, proof of posting
is probably as good. I am going to try and stop worrying about what will happen next.

Vivienne

More
8 years 1 month ago #155279 by vivi
I have had to cancel my Home Assessment for PIP, because my mental health problems have worsened over the past few weeks, and I just cannot face having anyone in my flat questioning me.

My GP did request in writing that I wasn't called for a face to face assessment, and I explained how I never engage with people for
more than 5 -10 minutes, due to the distress it causes me.

I have never had to undergo a face to face assessment for DLA or ESA Support Group, and I feel traumatised by the prospect.

I have written to Atos and the DWP today to explain the situation,
and I have asked if they would be able to assess me on paper.
I have also written that if they are not able to do so, I will have to cancel my PIP claim, because I can't take any more of this
stress.

Do you think it unlikely they will reconsider doing a paper based
assessment? I feel that they haven't read my form, and that the main reason I am applying is because I never engage with people in person, either inside or outside my flat.

Thank you

Vivienne

More
8 years 1 month ago #155286 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Vivienne

ATOS can only carry out an assessment on paper if they are happy that there is sufficient information in and with your PIP2 for them to reasonably make a recommendation on your claim.

I'm afraid the only advice I can offer at this stage is to involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: vivi

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.