× Members

Changed from c.b esa to , work related .

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149835 by diane
At a meeting with my personal advisor at J,C,P on the 21/12/2015 , the form was given to me to apply for the migration from C.B.ESA to I R ESA , my advisor stating the forms may not be sent / received , this ensuring the forms where in my possession . My Daughter filled out the said form , without to much detail or any evidence , apart from my doctors surgery details , as we didnt realise or understand the importance of this form . I was then invited to another appointment on the21/01/2016 , where i took the form with me ,where i thought i could get the form checked over and make addition to it if advised , not realising this was the last day for me to submit this form , The advisor went over the form ,and filled in parts that my daughter or I didnt fully understand what was expected , after completion of the form , the advisor then went on to find my details on her computer , to find the migration had already been done . my other benefits include low rate mob dla , middle rate care , i have received dla since 2007/2008 not exactly sure of when i started receiving dla , on grounds of longterm mental health probs ,asthma . If I understand correctly , my mental health/depression , should be classed as chronic deppresion ? which should automatically entitle me to the support group , the problem with this being I have not got a doctor who has known me long enough to give a up to date diagnosis , nearly forgot to mention I lived in England for more than 10 yrs , and have moved back to Scotland my native land, Nov 2014 , since that time I have been with two different medical practice , and it proves very difficult to get settle with a particular doctor , Sorry about such a long letter , this is my first post . I have gone through the particulars on the site , and still somewhat , confused . Thank you in advance for any support and guidance
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149840 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Changed from c.b esa to , work related .
Hi and welcome Diane, this link should help you find your way around the site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid I am rather confused by some aspects of your post! :blush:

Do you mean that you have had 365 days of contributory ESA in WRAG? In which case you should have filled out an ESA3 which captures details of your financial status only.

Or is your current ESA claim being reassessed? In which case you would have been sent an ESA50 and this should have been treated by you in the same way as a new claim. A decision can be made without a face 2 face assessment.

I'm afraid you are mistaken in saying that chronic depression automatically means allocation to the Support Group, there is no such rule.

If you are able to clarify matters for us we might be able to help. Please reply to this message with further information or questions and we will do our best for you. You might want to favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now. That will enable you to find this again easily in future rather than having to start a new topic every time you want to say something :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: diane

More
8 years 2 months ago #150388 by diane
Replied by diane on topic Changed from c.b esa to , work related .
Hi , my esa was automatically changed from cb esa to work relate esa . sorry for the confusion . I have a member of welfare rights visit me tomorrow , I will show them any letters concerning my esa , hopefully they can advise me on weather to go for the support group rather than work related . Also I received my form for pip , am already receiving low mobility , middle care dla , which my end date for this was June 2016 , my understanding is that this is ok to be asked to fill and send this pip form in at this time ? Not sure if i can ask about my pip claim with my previous question , or do i have to submit another question to B W ? 1 question being about evidence which I could submit . ( newspaper article that was puplished 2005 ? not sure if this is a bit outdated , stating the sentencing of the person who I suffered child abuse from , as this is the root of my depression and p.t s d . I have an alchohol addiction also , throughout the years i have spoke with phycologists , alcohol proffesionals , did assertivness courses etc , this has not helped at all , apart from alcohol consumption has lessened , until the last few month , i been having more than i want to have . Sorry about my mumble jumble . Thank you if you can make sence of this .

More
8 years 2 months ago #150409 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changed from c.b esa to , work related .
Diane

It might make sense to start a new topic for your PIP questions that way we can avoid telling you to do one thing for ESA and the opposite for PIP and then confusing you about which advice to use.

However to answer your question about using old evidence, in this case I think it would be justified to include a copy of the newspaper report, but you will still need to link your current problems to it with medical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150829 by diane
Replied by diane on topic Changed from c.b esa to , work related .
Ty Gordon , My PIP form has now been filled in and sent off with the help from C.A.B . member .Phew . They are also sending a REC MANDATORY He believes I should be in support group for IR ESA . is there any circumstances this could be back dated , I was getting CB . ESA . WRAG , I get DLA at the moment , due to needing help with my toilet needs throughout the day , and have been for way more than a year , dont know much about all this benefits , I cant understand , why I should have been placed in the WRAG ?

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150831 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Changed from c.b esa to , work related .

diane wrote: Ty Gordon , My PIP form has now been filled in and sent off with the help from C.A.B . member .Phew . They are also sending a REC MANDATORY He believes I should be in support group for IR ESA . is there any circumstances this could be back dated , I was getting CB . ESA . WRAG , I get DLA at the moment , due to needing help with my toilet needs throughout the day , and have been for way more than a year , dont know much about all this benefits , I cant understand , why I should have been placed in the WRAG ?

Hi d,

I hope your Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) is successful !! :)

If it is, and you are placed into The Support Group (SG) from The WRAG, any extra monies that you are owed to you for being in The SG will be backdated from the date of The WRAG decision.

In other words, as The WRAG decision will be re-made and replaced by The SG decision, it will be as if you have never been in The WRAG.

Good luck and please keep us updated regarding your ESA by replying to this topic.

As Gordon advises, if you have any queries regarding PIP, you should start a separate topic for that.

i.e. This topic for ESA and another for PIP ! :)

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.