× Members

ESA assessment

More
8 years 2 months ago #150268 by ExCollier
ESA assessment was created by ExCollier
I recently (august 2015) had a major operation on my prostate and am incontinent at a rate above the level on the assessment questionaire,I also have other issues and claim industrial injuries benefit.I sent consultants letters about my op` but still have to go for a medical.Is this the norm a i have read some people go straight into a group.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment

ExCollier wrote: I recently (august 2015) had a major operation on my prostate and am incontinent at a rate above the level on the assessment questionaire,I also have other issues and claim industrial injuries benefit.I sent consultants letters about my op` but still have to go for a medical.Is this the norm a i have read some people go straight into a group.Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

If this is a new claim for ESA then you would have needed to have provided very compelling evidence that you met the criteria for an award, even then there is an obligation to see whether you meet the criteria for the other ESA Descriptors so the vast majority of new claimants will be assessed.

Please make sure that yo have a good read of the ESA Claim guides, Most of the Descriptors have multiple requirements, the Continence descriptor is a good (bad) example of this and all of the requirements are required to be met in order for your to score points.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1#claims

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ExCollier

More
8 years 2 months ago #150282 by ExCollier
Replied by ExCollier on topic ESA assessment
yes it is a new claim,ive been granted assessment rate £73.10 and go for my medical on Monday I find it amazing that i qualify for IIDB at 60% rate of disability but still have to fight to get ESA

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150283 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA assessment

ExCollier wrote: yes it is a new claim,ive been granted assessment rate £73.10 and go for my medical on Monday I find it amazing that i qualify for IIDB at 60% rate of disability but still have to fight to get ESA

Hi EC,

I can see where you are coming from, but with all of disability/sickness related "Benefits" they have their own particular qualifying criteria.

e.g. With ESA, to gain access to The WRAG you have to score a minimum of 15 points cumulatively across all/any of : The Functional WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

Or, if you can't, via : ESA Reg 29 for entry to The WRAG (LCW)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) Paragraph (2)(b) does not apply where the risk could be reduced by a significant amount by—

(a)reasonable adjustments being made in the claimant’s workplace;

or

(b)the claimant taking medication to manage the claimant’s condition where such medication has been prescribed for the claimant by a registered medical practitioner treating the claimant.”.

From : www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/3/made

To gain access to The Support Group (SG) you have to fulfil at least one, any one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors

Or if you can't, via : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

As you will see, some but not all of The SG Descriptors correspond to some of The WRAG Descriptors that score the highest award of points

Which is explained further in our ESA Claims Guides !!

You can read what to expect at your ESA face to face in either of the ESA Claims Guides, 2nd and 3rd links down the page and how the ESA Assessors are supposed to carry out your assessment in The WCA Handbook, 2nd link under the heading DWP ESA Resources on The Same Page

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the ESA85 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Good luck ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150284 by ExCollier
Replied by ExCollier on topic ESA assessment
And that takes us nicely back to my first post,I am incontinent and on Vesicare,this on the assessment form is 15 points. I have to say my last 18 months at work after 46 yrs I had above 8-9 months off work.anyway here's hoping. Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #150285 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA assessment

ExCollier wrote: And that takes us nicely back to my first post,I am incontinent and on Vesicare,this on the assessment form is 15 points. I have to say my last 18 months at work after 46 yrs I had above 8-9 months off work.anyway here's hoping. Thanks

Hi EC,

Fingers crossed for you !! :)

Please keep us updated !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.