× Members

P.I.P. assessment followed by E.S.A. assessment?

More
8 years 2 months ago #152813 by Zenele
My daughter had her ESA assessment at a Maximus centre at Highgate North London, it has a lift and has disability toilets. It was not a good experience; we were kept waiting an hour past our appointment time, my daughter got agitated and started chair rocking. There was a Group 4 female security guard who looked as if she wanted to say something about my daughter's behaviour, which can't be helped (comes with the Autism). Is it usual or appropriate to have a security guard in the assessment centres?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152828 by bro58

Celya wrote: My daughter had her ESA assessment at a Maximus centre at Highgate North London, it has a lift and has disability toilets. It was not a good experience; we were kept waiting an hour past our appointment time, my daughter got agitated and started chair rocking. There was a Group 4 female security guard who looked as if she wanted to say something about my daughter's behaviour, which can't be helped (comes with the Autism). Is it usual or appropriate to have a security guard in the assessment centres?

Hi C,

Yes, I am afraid that it is nowadays, just as they have security at Job Centre Plus offices !!

However, these people should have received training in how to deal appropriately with people with Mental and Physical health issues, and should treat them with respect and courtesy !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.