× Members

I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail

More
8 years 2 months ago #150623 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail

foss27 wrote: Hi
You can advise them of a change in circumstances. ie a worsening of your condition.
This will neccessitate filling in a new claim form and supplying evidnce to back up your claim.
You can use our guide to claiming in the members area to help you fill in the form. It might be an idea to go throug the guide and see where you think you will score the extra points and make sure it is worth applying.

Generally is there a chance i might end up in a worse situation i.e with less points. I know in theory i does happen but have you heard of cases where it has happened to someone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150639 by Gordon

Thabo wrote:

You can advise them of a change in circumstances. ie a worsening of your condition.
This will neccessitate filling in a new claim form and supplying evidnce to back up your claim.
You can use our guide to claiming in the members area to help you fill in the form. It might be an idea to go throug the guide and see where you think you will score the extra points and make sure it is worth applying.

Generally is there a chance i might end up in a worse situation i.e with less points. I know in theory i does happen but have you heard of cases where it has happened to someone

I am afraid it does happen.

When was the last Decision made on your claim, as you will need to show that any change occurred since then?

When you made your MR request did you supply any reasons why it was late?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: darkchild101

More
8 years 2 months ago #151223 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic I made a request for MR, DWP have left voicemail

Gordon wrote:

Thabo wrote:

I am afraid it does happen.

When was the last Decision made on your claim, as you will need to show that any change occurred since then?

When you made your MR request did you supply any reasons why it was late?

Gordon

Yes i did write and explain i was too unwell thats why my request was late. Last decesion was made in October

More
8 years 2 months ago #151270 by Gordon
Thabo

If you gave reason for the MR being late and the DWP have still rejected the request then I am afraid there is little that you can do about this, the only thing I can suggest is that try involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

It's the reason we make so much fuss about making a request within the first month!

If the Decision was in October then you will need to show that there has been a deterioration of your condition since them. You may need to provide documentary proof of the decline and you will of course need to show that you meet the criteria for a higher award, there is no point your requesting they look at your claim again, unless you can do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151355 by darkchild101

Gordon wrote: Thabo

If you gave reason for the MR being late and the DWP have still rejected the request then I am afraid there is little that you can do about this, the only thing I can suggest is that try involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

It's the reason we make so much fuss about making a request within the first month!

If the Decision was in October then you will need to show that there has been a deterioration of your condition since them. You may need to provide documentary proof of the decline and you will of course need to show that you meet the criteria for a higher award, there is no point your requesting they look at your claim again, unless you can do this.

Gordon

My treatment remains the same and i was wondering what sort of documentary proof would they need/ I feel worse and my consultant knows that. Any advice is welcome guys

More
8 years 2 months ago #151397 by Gordon

Thabo wrote: My treatment remains the same and i was wondering what sort of documentary proof would they need/ I feel worse and my consultant knows that. Any advice is welcome guys

At the very least I would expect you to need a letter from your GP or Consultant stating that there has been a deterioration and how it is affecting you. If you can't show a deterioration then the DWP can refuse to re-assess you, it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen occasionally.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.