× Members

Rubber stamping PA4 content!

More
8 years 2 months ago #150517 by francis1969
Rubber stamping PA4 content! was created by francis1969
Hi,

Sure many read of how DWP 'rubber stamp' the advice/choices of assessment report/PA4, but how often do DWP not 'rubber stamp' and go against assessor advice/content of PA4, giving lesser award than PA4 shows?

Didn't realise that PA4 actually contains assessors choices of descriptors that should apply and their reasons and justifications for their choices made & wondering how often/rarely DWP deviate. For example, if PA4 appears to advise an award Standard Daily Living and Standard Mobility (or any mix of components) what are the likelihoods of a lesser award being given?

Or are there any annual/quarterly DWP reports that may give this information?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!

francis1969 wrote: Hi,

Sure many read of how DWP 'rubber stamp' the advice/choices of assessment report/PA4, but how often do DWP not 'rubber stamp' and go against assessor advice/content of PA4, giving lesser award than PA4 shows?

Didn't realise that PA4 actually contains assessors choices of descriptors that should apply and their reasons and justifications for their choices made & wondering how often/rarely DWP deviate. For example, if PA4 appears to advise an award Standard Daily Living and Standard Mobility (or any mix of components) what are the likelihoods of a lesser award being given?

Or are there any annual/quarterly DWP reports that may give this information?

Many thanks.

I don't think that this is information that the DWP publish with any regularity, there was an ESA report, many years ago, that suggested that the rate was quite low.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150563 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!
Hi Gordon, TY for clarification on publications.

Maybe I can ask the same query from your experience and/or other members, as to whether DWP frequently or rarely downgrade awards from those advised from content of assessor report/PA4 or is it unlikely that they deviate from the contents of PA4?

Sorry for not being clear.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150567 by Gordon

francis1969 wrote: Hi Gordon, TY for clarification on publications.

Maybe I can ask the same query from your experience and/or other members, as to whether DWP frequently or rarely downgrade awards from those advised from content of assessor report/PA4 or is it unlikely that they deviate from the contents of PA4?

Sorry for not being clear.

My impression is that the rate is quite low, where it does happen the DM is more likely to downgrade the award from what the assessor has recommended, but we have had examples where the award was increased from what was recommended.

We obviously only see what is posted on the forum, so the rate across all claimants could be significantly different, but I would be surprised if it happens in more than 10% of claims and it could easily be less than 5%.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: francis1969

More
8 years 2 months ago #150569 by Peawack
Replied by Peawack on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!
This surprises me. We are currently making a case for an appeal against PIP refusal and have found six direct negative contradictions of the HP assessment by the decision maker, resulting in a zero points decision. Am I misunderstanding something ?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150571 by Gordon

Peter wrote: This surprises me. We are currently making a case for an appeal against PIP refusal and have found six direct negative contradictions of the HP assessment by the decision maker, resulting in a zero points decision. Am I misunderstanding something ?

Not as far as I can see. It sounds as if your client is one of the 5%-10% that I referred to.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peawack

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.