× Members

Rubber stamping PA4 content!

More
8 years 2 months ago #150574 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!
Hi Peter,

This doesn't surround any appeal or MR (yet & hopefully not!). I am aware that a high % of the time the DWP 'rubber stamp' the award as noted/justified in the PIP assessors report, the PA4.

I am aware that, as final decision lays with DWP DM or CM, that it is ultimately they who decide on any award, if any. My query was surrounding how many DM/CM do not go with the advised award from PIP assessor and downgrade that which is suggested by assessor!

For instance, from reading a PA4 it is possible to calculate what level of award the HCP is advising and how often/rare that DWP don't merely rubber stamp this but award a lesser level.

Didn't mean to confuse anybody with my query.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150584 by Peawack
Replied by Peawack on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!
hello francis,
I thought I might be getting this wrong but no I was follwing your drift after all !
I am encouraged in that our case seems to clearly show that the DM has 'overuled' the original assessment in more than a couple of instances. Immediately we were given the PIP refusal my instinct was that a Zero points decision was draconian and would work in our favour. I hope I am right.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150604 by francis1969
Hi Peter,

I didn't realise that a PA4 includes descriptors and points that assessor 'thinks' should be awarded based on F2F and/or added evidence, even if DWP should take into account all available material before them!

In your clients case, does the PA4 written by assessor indicate that award should have been forthcoming & DWP downgraded to 0 points, or does PA4 indicate no level of award?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150607 by francis1969
Peter & B&W,

Feel I should add that posts may sound cryptic, but this is merely due to my paranoia for although I know many use pseudonyms for our posts and personal details not shared, am aware that certain govt departments do read sites such as B&W!

However, think it is apparent that PA4 indicates an award of PIP should be forthcoming, but not wanting to jinx am loathed to go into any further detail, even if the comments and justifications factually back up descriptors chosen/advised by assessor.

From posts & information I have read, know that many after assessment have received 0 points as reported in PA4's received and the amount of lies contained & this has led to MR's and appeals.

So my recent posts on this subject surround the downgrading of assessor reports & how often this happens as 95% of what I see indicates that DWP rubber stamp choice of assessor!

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150610 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Rubber stamping PA4 content!
Hi
You may find this topic interesting.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=107654

Whereby the DWP asked the assessors to look at the report again and a second assessor downgraded the points awarded to zero!! There appears to be no reason given by the DWP for asking for a second opinion. Makes one wonder how often this happens without the claimants knowledge and they will never know if they don't appeal!!!

With regard to how often the DWP downgrade the points it might be found out by a FOI request.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150615 by francis1969
Hi Foss, yep came across that post & from content of PA4 cannot find any reason why further scrutiny would be needed. However, one persons reasoning does not necessarily reflect that of another!

It is a case of awaiting letter & choosing which path to take (if any) once result is known!

Thank You.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.