× Members

So annoyed!

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #152900 by kirsty
Replied by kirsty on topic So annoyed!
I have another question- I used the appeals guides from this site and the help of a citizens advice advisor to write my letter for the mandatory appeal, is it ok to use basically the same letter as grounds for appeal on the appeal form (maybe adding a few bits in), or will this count against me in some way?
The letter was quite detailed and made reference to extra evidence so I dont think I have much extra to add at this stage but is it ok to re-use most of it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152926 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic So annoyed!

kirsty wrote: I have another question- I used the appeals guides from this site and the help of a citizens advice advisor to write my letter for the mandatory appeal, is it ok to use basically the same letter as grounds for appeal on the appeal form (maybe adding a few bits in), or will this count against me in some way?
The letter was quite detailed and made reference to extra evidence so I dont think I have much extra to add at this stage but is it ok to re-use most of it?

Hi k,

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to use the same evidence that you used for your MR for your appeal and you can also add to it if you wish !!

Claimants often feel lost because they feel that they have already provided adequate evidence to the DWP before the adverse decision and after that with the MR, but the DWP have still made an adverse decision or not changed it at MR.

This simply means that they choose to make the adverse decision which can just be down to poor quality decision making. (or for other obvious reasons)

As you point out, there is only a finite number of ways that you can reiterate a challenge/point/argument, and a finite amount of supporting evidence/documents that you can submit.

Of course, you should always review your evidence to see if you can improve on it or spot any weak points !

The Tribunal will look at your evidence from a totally neutral aspect with a "fresh pair of eyes" !!

This is why the success rate at Tribunals is much higher than the success rates at MR, The Tribunal has no vested interest !!!

Good luck and keep us updated !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.