× Members

Motability for mental health?

More
8 years 1 month ago #153676 by mrsoptic
Replied by mrsoptic on topic Motability for mental health?
Hi I just wondered if there's any reason the DWP won't send a copy of the assessment ? My husband had his medical on 11th Feb and apparently they didn't receive the copy of it until 26th Feb after I chased them up. We have been requesting it since then and I just get told its with the decision maker ready for it to be "actioned" and sent to us but it has to be approved first before it can be sent? We are still awaiting our result but it just feels like we are stuck in a loop with them and the suspense is really beginning impact on my husbands state of mind at the moment :/ is there anything at all we can do or is it just still playing the waiting game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153727 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability for mental health?

mrsoptic wrote: Hi I just wondered if there's any reason the DWP won't send a copy of the assessment ? My husband had his medical on 11th Feb and apparently they didn't receive the copy of it until 26th Feb after I chased them up. We have been requesting it since then and I just get told its with the decision maker ready for it to be "actioned" and sent to us but it has to be approved first before it can be sent? We are still awaiting our result but it just feels like we are stuck in a loop with them and the suspense is really beginning impact on my husbands state of mind at the moment :/ is there anything at all we can do or is it just still playing the waiting game?

Some offices will not send the PIP assessment report until a Decision has been made on the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153770 by mrsoptic
Thanks for the reply again. Believe it or not the assessment has just dropped through on our doormat. He seems to score enhanced for the daily living activities but the report contradicts itself. The assessor states that he's in a low mood and severely depressed and that he has problems going out unaided and that he had sent evidence from a consultant stating he was having therapy to help with this. He also states that my husband can't attend therapy groups as he can't leave the house unaccompanied however when it comes to the Motability question he has only scored him as needing prompting to go out? I really don't understand how it can contradict itself on the same report?

There's a few little things on the questions that are wrong to as it states my husband was mentally well enough to hand paperwork over and he didn't as I did all that. It states he's able to communicate freely but then the assor states he looked at the floor the whole time and hardly spoke? We obviously will just have to wait for the final decision letter to come but we also want to make sure the information they have is accurate too esp with it being his first pip claim

More
8 years 1 month ago #153779 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic Motability for mental health?
I would be interested to see what decision you get. I am looking into applying for PIP for myself as I have agoraphobia and depression and anxiety. I'm scared to apply for it. I signed up here for some help and advice.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153817 by mrsoptic
I'll keep you updated on what we get. We have counted the points on the assessment and we have got enhanced for daily living but only 4 points for Motability unless they use some additional information we have provided and decide to score us higher. I find it odd how they can disregard everything you send them and come to their own conclusions about your illness. It's quite worrying really. I don't think my husband is up to going through an appeal as the whole application has been so stressful. It also suggests on our report that he should be revised in 1 year 6 months as his condition can change over time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.