× Members

esa sg allowance

More
7 years 11 months ago #158910 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa sg allowance

rapheal wrote: Thanks gordon
I am actually paid £254.44 fortnightly, the reason I am trying to find out is to ascertain if I am on cb or im esa.
maybe I should post the 2014 statement, as I have not received anything this year.
I have got absolutely nowhere when ringing dwp
I never get a call back, I think my records have gone missing, it is really strange. rapheal

The ESA(CB) Support Group rate is

Personal Allowance - £73.10
Support Group - £36.20
Total per week - £109.30 or £218.60 a fortnight.

This gives a discrepancy of £17.92 a week.

Being in the SG entitles the claimant to the Enhanced Disability Premium of £15.75/week if they are entitled to ESA(IR), you might also receive Premiums if you receive DLA or PIP. But this still leaves a discrepancy that I can't cover.

Were you transferred from IB, SDA or IS Due to Incapacity to ESA? If you were, could the extra money be a Transitional Payment?

Have you tried any of the online benefit calculators? See

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159008 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic esa sg allowance
thanks gordon,
no I was not transferred from any of the above you mentioned. I applied for esa in 2011,
after a battle was placed in the sg, having first been placed in wrag,, and have remained there till this day. I will post my 2014 statement, and I do receive £13.62 a month, from a small pension which I elected to take out in 2011.
thanks for your patience.
raphael.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159018 by Gordon

rapheal wrote: thanks gordon,
no I was not transferred from any of the above you mentioned. I applied for esa in 2011,
after a battle was placed in the sg, having first been placed in wrag,, and have remained there till this day. I will post my 2014 statement, and I do receive £13.62 a month, from a small pension which I elected to take out in 2011.
thanks for your patience.
raphael.

Are you living with a partner?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159040 by ridgewood
i share a house with someone, but do not gain any financial benefit, from this.
i pay my share towards utilities on a monthly basis.
this is the May 2014 statement.
living expenses £67.50
extra money because of the disability guarantee £14.05
extra money because you are in the support group £32.35
a christmas bonus payment of £10.00
which gives a total income-related amount of £113.90
other income for your household £2.33
your total income of £2.33
so your income related amount is £113.90 less total income of £2.33
so your income-related entitled is £111.57
The amounts on this page apply from 1 december 2011 to 11 april 2012
A payment of arrears of esa has been calculated as shown
cb esa from 21 may 2014 to 21 may 2014 £648.90
income related esa from 10 april 2014 to 21 may 2014 = £79.32
total arrears of £728.22.
the arrears payment has not been sent or credited to you as we are holding details of a possible overpayment, we are checking whether any recovery must be made. arrears payments due will be sent asap and we will tell you why any money has been held back.

I also had a statement in February 2014. which is slightly different
I will wait for your reply to see if I need to post the details
thanks gordon
raphael

More
7 years 11 months ago #159063 by Gordon
rapheal

I would guess that the discrepancy is accounted for by the £2.33 income that is listed.

The Disability Income Guarantee is another name for the Enhanced Disability Guarantee so you are either receiving ESA(IR) in full or ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top up.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: ridgewood

More
7 years 11 months ago #159151 by ridgewood
once again thanks gordon, I thought to qualify for ir even a top up, I would have had to fill in a form?
now to my final question, and the reason I needed this clarified, I was involved in a motor incident
last November, and now need extensive dental work,which will cost £250.00, do I have to pay, even if I am receiving ir top up, or do I qualify under ir. rules.
This is why I needed to know.
Thanks so much for your help
rapheal

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.