× Members

Appeal to Tribunal

More
8 years 3 months ago #147589 by Bookerbabe
Appeal to Tribunal was created by Bookerbabe
Hi my husband is preparing his appeal against decision not to award PIP to go forward to tribunal. I am trying my best to help him and have found this site very helpful. The advice given states that I should send a written statement to accompany my appeal form and I am struggling to find samples of a written statement - I have found little tips about not being more than two sides of A4 etc but wondered if there are any samples that I can look at, as I've never done anything like this before xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147591 by Bookerbabe
Replied by Bookerbabe on topic Appeal to Tribunal
I presumed (naively) that I would get a copy of the report and didn't know that I had to request this, I have received mandatory reconsideration with short report refusing PIP for mobility. This was dated 18 Dec and I am sending appeal form off soon. Can I still request a copy of my medical assessment or am I too late?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147597 by Bookerbabe
Replied by Bookerbabe on topic Appeal to Tribunal
Hi,
My mandatory reconsideration stated that the decisions had been made based on a number of things - one being a report from my GP. I contacted my GP and they have not had any approach at all from DWP. Do you consider this as a strong point for my appeal to tribunal or is it common that they don't approach GPs but say that they do?

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147603 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Appeal to Tribunal
Hi

Found this
www.advicenow.org.uk/articles/how-write-statement-pip

We also have sample statements in our appeals guide in our members area of pip resources.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147608 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Appeal to Tribunal
Hi

You can and must request a copy of this report. It shows what the assessor wrote about you in relation to your ability to carry out the activities so its vital for you to see it to challenge any wrong information. It is not unknown for the assessor to make things up!!!

You should forget the MR which usually just rubber stamps the decision anyway and was just introduced as another hurdle to accessing proper appeals to put people off. Use our appeals guide and request a hearing. Gather all your evidence, note all the wrong information in the assessors report and the decision and cross reference your evidence etc to show where you believe you should have been awarded the points.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #147612 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Appeal to Tribunal

Bookerbabe wrote: Hi,
My mandatory reconsideration stated that the decisions had been made based on a number of things - one being a report from my GP. I contacted my GP and they have not had any approach at all from DWP. Do you consider this as a strong point for my appeal to tribunal or is it common that they don't approach GPs but say that they do?

Hi Bb,

You can point this out, however, it is unlikely that it would have any positive baring on your appeal.

As PIP Assessors/DWP use "drop-down" multi option phrases and even "copy and paste" sometimes, this sort of thing is quite common.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.