× Members

Equality discrimination PIP recording restrictions

More
8 years 2 months ago #151746 by Gordon

issie wrote: Hi Gordon, I read that report too - but it was in April 2013, and things have moved on. My point would be that a request to record the assessment would be a reasonable adjust where the claimant has processing or memory problems. It baffles me that DWP can think this is not discrimination between one group of people with health issues and another with health issues which is why I posed the question" is a request for an audio recording provided during a PIP assessment, a reasonable adjustment under the equality legislation ? ... Issie

I'm afraid that a lot of members have higher expectations of the Equality Act than can actually be realised.

The fact is that the DWP have told both ATOS and Capita not to provide recording services so the only way to purse the matter would be for you to make a complaint under the EA, this would of course be separate from your claim and is unlikely to be resolved on the same timescales as any requirement for a face to face assessment.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh but it is the reality of the situation!

You can of course record the interview yourself.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151754 by issie
Thanks Gordon

I note your comment - will pursue with the Equality Commission ... Issie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.