× Members

ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152795 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

Janine wrote: I have managed to get a home assessment with Atos despite them ignoring my 3 telephone requests that my condition had worsened since I sent in the application. I have a home visit on the 18th March between 9 and 11am . Any advice about going through the assessment would be greatly appreciated. I have Fibromyalgia, degenerative spine disease and chronic fatigue !!!

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

You can have someone with you at the interview and we would recommend that you do.

You can choose where the interview is held and they have no authority to look around your house.

Don't feel obliged to tidy up and if you have issues with personal care and dressing don't do anything that you wouldn't normally do.

Best of luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #155212 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
I got the results of my DLA>PIP assessement today, and am pleasently surprised as I have been awarded enhanced rates of both (they gave me 17 points and 22 points), where as as I only had the lower rates of both on DLA. To say I'm pleased and relieved is an understatement.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

ShaunIOW wrote: I got the results of my DLA>PIP assessement today, and am pleasently surprised as I have been awarded enhanced rates of both (they gave me 17 points and 22 points), where as as I only had the lower rates of both on DLA. To say I'm pleased and relieved is an understatement.

Terrific news. Well done!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Nicholls

More
8 years 1 month ago #155220 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
Great news Shaun! Thanks for letting us know :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaun Nicholls

More
8 years 1 month ago #155234 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
Well done great news, how long was the award for ?

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155255 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

Bob wrote: Well done great news, how long was the award for ?

3 years
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon. Reason: Fixed quote

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.