× Members

ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151857 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
ATOS have reconsidered my assessment and have now given me a home one on Friday 4th March, So what advice does anyone have please? ie. What can I expect? How should I prepare? etc

Cheers
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151861 by

ShaunIOW wrote: ATOS have reconsidered my assessment and have now given me a home one on Friday 4th March, So what advice does anyone have please? ie. What can I expect? How should I prepare? etc

Cheers

Hi SIOW,

I note that you have previous PIP related topics that I will merge with this one !

Please keep all future PIP related posts to this topic ! :)

You have done well to obtain an ATOS Home Assessment as ATOS are generally most reluctant to do so !

It may be an indication that they have accepted that you have limitations in Going Out and/or Moving Around !!

The physical exam part of a PIP face to face is generally pretty basic, it is more of a Q & A session.

However, if they ask you carry out any actions that would cause you pain, discomfort or risk whilst doing so, you can refuse.

You should make it absolutely clear that you are not simply refusing point blank and explain why you are refusing.

The Assessor should then make allowances !

You can read what to expect from around page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You could also read through the latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015 and gives guidance on how the Assessor should carry out the PIP Assessment.

You can choose the room where you wish the Assessment to take place, and the Assessor should not want to look around your home.

You may of course want to point out any Aids or Adaptations that you need to use to carry out any Activities that may be in another room.

You can have someone else present, and they can take notes.

A quick "heads up", PIP Assessors can turn up early, or not turn up at all !

Besides being late, early or not turning up, we have not received a lot of bad input reagrding the way that Home Assessments are carried out !!

Please return to let us know how you got on !!! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #151939 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
Hi
I've just had a PIP home medical from ATOS, and one thing the assessor had a good look at was all the medication I have to take, not only that which was on a repeat prescription from my GP, but also the 'over the counter' meds.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151954 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?

penthesili wrote: Hi
I've just had a PIP home medical from ATOS, and one thing the assessor had a good look at was all the medication I have to take, not only that which was on a repeat prescription from my GP, but also the 'over the counter' meds.

It's quite usual for them to check the claimants medicines, I wouldn't read anything in to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Shaun Nicholls
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #152762 by Shaun Nicholls
Replied by Shaun Nicholls on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
Had my home medical assessment this morning, and I think it went quite well. The lady assessor was very friendly and agreed with my issues that I had put on my form and actually suggested a couple I hadn't thought of and put them down as well. She could also see the problems I was having, so fingers crossed.

• Janine
8 years 2 months ago #152788 by Janine
Replied by Janine on topic ATOS home assessment - How to prepare?
I have managed to get a home assessment with Atos despite them ignoring my 3 telephone requests that my condition had worsened since I sent in the application. I have a home visit on the 18th March between 9 and 11am . Any advice about going through the assessment would be greatly appreciated. I have Fibromyalgia, degenerative spine disease and chronic fatigue !!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris