× Members

DLA to pip - notification of home visit by ATOS

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143299 by Mossy
Have just received the dreaded brown envelope . Am currently on high rate dla and have been informed I now need to be re apply for PIP. I'm just trying to get my head around the form and what I have to put down and explain . Does it still apply about being pain and unable to repeat walking or tasks etc or the effects it has if I do ?

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143313 by foss27
Hi

Have you looked at our guide to claiming PIP in the members area?

This goes through all the descriptors. You need to pay attention to the reliably part of answering the questions relating to activities. It does not refer to pain specifically but it may be an issue that prevents you from doing an activity safely, repeatedly or in a timely manner.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143314 by slugsta
The terms reliably and as often as necessary still apply, the PIP guide will talk you through it.

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mossy

More
8 years 5 months ago #143350 by Mossy
Thank you, I have looked through the guide which is great, still feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all.

Another question , I rarely if ever drive as I am on morphine patches for pain relief and they slow down my reactions to say the least . How would I fit this in and to what question . I noticed the questions on planning a journey or getting somewhere ... As my husband drives me places would I mention him etc ?

Thank you in advance , sorry if I'm making you all repeat yourselves :)

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143358 by foss27
Hi

We are here to help so feel free to keep asking.

If you look at each descriptor as it applies to you and consider how you will answer, what evidence you might give etc. then fit your medication in everywhere it is relevant.
So making and planning a journey may be difficult if your medication interferes with your thought process or safety might be compromised if you take a drug which affects your driving. You could also sayhow you get round it eg my husband drives everywhere.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146222 by Mossy
I am currently filling out my PIP form , years ago I was given a life time award of DLA . I am in the ESA support group and noticed when filling out the PIP form it mentioned enclosing proof of other benefits etc .

Would this help my claim or should I leave mentioning it ? So much to put down and consider my mind is swimming

Many thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.