× Members

Bad news regarding pip assessment

More
8 years 2 months ago #151328 by Nadine Curran
Bad news regarding pip assessment was created by Nadine Curran
Hi,
I had my assessment for pip on Saturday. And to be honest I don't think it went well was in and out within 25/30 minutes but that's another story.

I really thought I had filled in the form well , however there was a bit on toileting needs and I ticked the one that states I'm ok to deal with it on my own. It wasn't a nice thing to put on paper(started losing control of a body function) found out was caused by a bulging disk in my back. This wasn't the reason why I was claiming pip, I just put it down to make them aware that I couldn't travel to far and needed to be near a toilet. Anyway when he was going through the assessment he asked me do I use incontinence products which I now do.

Will they think I'm pulling a fast one, what I wrote on the form was yes I do suffer from incontinence but when I went for the assessment I admitted I do use products. To be honest I don't expect this condition to last long. Just don't want to seem like I'm contradicting myself. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151330 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Bad news regarding pip assessment
N

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I wouldn't worry, from your post it sounds as if you weren't using any products when you completed the form and you are now, so it sounds like your condition has worsened in the interim.

Also, I'm not sure that incontinence products are classed as aids for the purposes of PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nadine Curran

More
8 years 2 months ago #152684 by Nadine Curran
Replied by Nadine Curran on topic Bad news regarding pip assessment
So rang pip yesterday following my assessment on the 13th February to be told I am not entitled to pip. Have been on dla mrc/hrm. Gutted is an understatement. Was kind of numb yesterday after hearing that. Today I feel deflated.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152704 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Bad news regarding pip assessment
Hi N,

I have merged your new comment with your previous PIP topic as it helps us enormously when everything relating to the same subject is kept in one place.

I'm sorry that your PIP claim has been denied :) If you wish to take this claim further your next step would be to submit a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). This is explained in our PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

It is often helpful to request a copy of the assessor's report from DWP. You can do this by phone but we usually suggest that you follow it up in writing. The report will give you a much better idea of how/why your claim failed. However, don't delay in getting the MR requested, even if the report has not arrived by that time. Again, this is all explained in the PIP guide.

Your DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision.

If you wish to, you can submit a new claim for PIP. I would suggest this in particular if you feel, after looking at the guide, that you did not make a good job of the first claim or if your condition has worsened considerably since then. You can do this as well as appealing, if you have the energy to do so - but you should be aware that the new decision would limit any decision to award you PIP at the MR or appeal of the first one. I will use an extreme example to explain this - say the MR/appeal awarded you enhanced PIP in both elements but the new decision said 'no', your 1st claim would be closed when the new 'no' decision was made (of course, it would be eligible for MR/appeal again).

If/when you have any further questions or comments about your PIP claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It makes our life very much easier if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159462 by Nadine Curran
Replied by Nadine Curran on topic Bad news regarding pip assessment
Hi , just to let you all know I appealed to the tribunal and asked for a paper hearing, I couldn't go through the stress physically and mentally of facing it all. Got a letter today I've been awarded standard rate for both! Can't believe it! I thought I'd have to reapply for pip.

This is going to help so much. Just hoping DWP don't appeal the decision.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159482 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Bad news regarding pip assessment
N

Congratulations on the result, especially at a Paper hearing your arguments must have been convincing.

Tribunal Decision usually take 5-8 weeks to be processed, I would leave it a week from the hearing and contact the DWP just to confirm that they have received the Decision Letter, quite how I do not know, but they regularly lose them.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.