× Members

ESA50 form

More
8 years 2 months ago #152721 by cornishlady
ESA50 form was created by cornishlady
I have today been sent the ESA50 form. Is this the same as the IB50 form? I am asking because I am already in the support group for ESA and as I receive the high rate for care DLA I thought I was automatically exempt from the capability for work questionnaire. Does that rule apply for the ESA50 form also? Would be grateful is someone could help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152723 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 form
Hi cl and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The ESA50 is the ESA equivalent of the IB50. It was a cornerstone of the welfare reforms that all claimants would be subject to periodic reassessments rather than 'languishing on benefits' (their words, not mine!). The longest period in the Support Group without reassessment is usually 3 years. Although these were temporarily suspended due to backlogs, reassessment have now resumed and many people are finding the ESA50 on their doormats :( Unlike with IB, there is no automatic qualification for ESA even for those on high rates of DLA/PIP.

I suggest you have a good read of our ESA guides in the first instance. There is a PDF version of the ESA50 if you would prefer to use this.

ESA claims and appeals

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should treat this reassessment as if it were a new claim, do not assume that Maximus or DWP have any prior knowledge of you. It is likely that the assessor will not know that you are already in receipt of ESA and are in the Support Group.

If/when you have further questions or comments about your ESA claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It makes our lives very much easier if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it now on your web browser. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159084 by cornishlady
Replied by cornishlady on topic ESA50 form
Glad to report that today I received the outcome of my reassessment which was successful and I can continue in the support group. Thank you for your help. I couldn't have filled in the form without the help of this website. Thank you! :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form
[quote="cornishlady
" post=159084]Glad to report that today I received the outcome of my reassessment which was successful and I can continue in the support group. Thank you for your help. I couldn't have filled in the form without the help of this website. Thank you! :)[/quote]

Glad to hear you qualified again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159097 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 form
That's great news cl! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #159209 by cornishlady
Replied by cornishlady on topic ESA50 form
One other question if that's ok please. On the new award which is contributory based esa (support group) it says that I may be entitled to a top up of income related esa with a phone number to ring if I wish to claim. Apart from high rate dla in both mobility and care for me and my husband's carers allowance (he's my full time carer) contributory esa is our only income. A benefits check revealed that I am entitled to income related esa top up of £36.85 per week. What happens in order to claim the topup? I could not go through another assessment of the work capability.They me so I'll and I'm still recovering from this latest one. Would I just have to fill in an income/outgoings form or will I have to be assessed again? It's all so terrifying and makes me so poorly!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.