× Members

ESA50 form

More
7 years 11 months ago #159240 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form

cornishlady wrote: One other question if that's ok please. On the new award which is contributory based esa (support group) it says that I may be entitled to a top up of income related esa with a phone number to ring if I wish to claim. Apart from high rate dla in both mobility and care for me and my husband's carers allowance (he's my full time carer) contributory esa is our only income. A benefits check revealed that I am entitled to income related esa top up of £36.85 per week. What happens in order to claim the topup? I could not go through another assessment of the work capability.They me so I'll and I'm still recovering from this latest one. Would I just have to fill in an income/outgoings form or will I have to be assessed again? It's all so terrifying and makes me so poorly!

It's just an assessment of your financial situation, there's a sample of the ESA3 form you need to ask for on the following link

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/136119/re...ch/3/ESA3%201012.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159316 by cornishlady
Replied by cornishlady on topic ESA50 form
Thank you Gordon for your reply. I've looked at the form via your link. It states that if I claim for my partner they may send him for a work focused interview. I am concerned about this because he is my full time carer (he gets carers allowance to care for me as I require 24/7 care) and we couldn't cope with the worry and stress of the DWP hounding him to get into work as it's just not possible and just the thought of it terrifies me. I have left sided weakness, cognitive, memory and speech problems, bowel and bladder incontinence and severe anxiety and depression due to brain damage following a brain haemorrhage and then a stroke. Plus I am crippled with rheumatoid arthritis and cervical spondylosis and have a brain tumour which is non cancerous but growing.
The haemorrhage was 3 years ago but we are still trying to adjust to the way our lives are now and if making a claim to top up the contribution based esa with income based esa is going to mean that we could face more hassle from the DWP I would rather not go through with the claim. It's bad enough for me having to go through reassessments and the effect it has on my health let alone starting it all up again to involve my husband too. Can you advise me please on this? I do appreciate all your help.
Thank you in advance.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 form
cornishlady

They cannot make him work, they cannot even require him to seek work! It will be a 5-10 minute interview, they'll ask "can we do anything to help you into work", he'll reply "No!", they'll ask about his expenses getting to the appointment and that will be it. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159393 by cornishlady
Replied by cornishlady on topic ESA50 form
Thank you Gordon. Really do appreciate you taking the time to help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.