× Members

Enhanced mobilty to nothing .DLA to PIP migration

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152834 by bro58

Ram64 wrote: Thanks Bro...

I saw the number on the letter and gave it a ring...they're passing the message on.

Hopefully it will be here soon

Hi R64,

If it doesn't turn up you can issue a Subject Access Request for it and all documentation used in coming to The PIP Decision :

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156863 by Ram64
Hi all
So today the letter arrived with the result of the reconsideration. Not good I'm afraid; in short they wrote"I agree with the descriptors awarded by the previous case manager for all the daily living and mobility activities and i am therefore unable to change the decision".
Is it part of the process to be contacted by telephone if the decision cannot be changed?, as I never received a call.

I presume the only course of action now is to go to appeal but I wonder whether it is worth it or not. How much weight would the "considered by medical consensus that walking up a flight of stairs, equates to 70 metres on a flat surface", carry in an arguement against the original decision.
I did send a supporting letter with the reconsideration application explaining all the difficulties I had with stairs following Gordon's previous advice by breaking it down into the elements, distance, safely, repeatedly and timely manner. Shouldn't the asessment be based on fact ?
It looks like I have a difficult decision to make

More
8 years 1 week ago #156896 by Gordon
Ram

Even if you believe the DWP figures for the revision rate at MR, they are not supported by the posts in the forum, they are significantly lower than the rate for successful appeals which are currently running at well over 50%.

The Tribunal Service is independent of the DWP and will look at your claim from scratch with few presumptions as to the validity of the assessment report.

I'll not hide the fact that making an appeal is difficult and stressful, but it is the only way forward.

The Decision Maker phoning the claimant is not a required part of MR process, they used to phone claimants a lot, now they rarely phone them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.