× Members

dwp refusing to action my successful esa award

More
8 years 2 months ago #152768 by tobiasestelle
dwp refusing to action my successful esa award was created by tobiasestelle
Hello. I wonder if somebody can help me. I downloaded and duly followed the members guide to claim for IB migration to esa I went for the assessment and 3 weeks later after hearing nothing I called the dwp to find out the progression of my claim and was told that my claim had been approved after one week but that they were not going to action it and I was to continue on the benefits I currently get I called again last week and they said till mot be actioning the claim until 2 weeks time. They won't give me any further information only that I was successful in my claim and had been put into the support group for 3 years. Can someone please tell me why this might be happening. Universal credit is going to arrive on in my borough in two weeks time. Could that be the reason. I am still on the same level of payments so am not losing out financially but just confused as to why they are refusing to poses it after 5 weeks. Sorry it was so long
Adel :sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152779 by slugsta
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you have already found our guides, I hope they were helpful.

I have no idea on what basis DWP are not actioning the decision! In some instances the decision maker does not agree with the recommendations made by the healthcare assessor's report, but that does not seem to be what has happened in your case :blink:

I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is that you phone again. You might get someone who can tell you what is happening (the standard of training among the call centre workers varies considerably!), if not you should ask for a 'call back' from a manager. As this can take 3 hours, you might be better leaving it until Monday morning - that way you will also be able to read and digest any responses from the other mods beforehand too.

If/when you have further questions or comments on your ESA migration please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. (You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.). It makes our lives very much easier if everything related to one subject is kept together in the same place.Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152799 by Gordon
tobiasestelle

I believe that for transfers the Effective Date for the ESA Decision is two weeks after the Decision is made, to allow time to close the current benefit award and set up the new ESA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #152818 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic dwp refusing to action my successful esa award
Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but if you've been on IB as far as I know you'll be transferring to contributory ESA. And contributory benefits are excluded from Universal Credit - so I wouldn't have thought that would be the problem.

All the best
Elaine

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #152829 by bro58

elaine wrote: Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but if you've been on IB as far as I know you'll be transferring to contributory ESA. And contributory benefits are excluded from Universal Credit - so I wouldn't have thought that would be the problem.

All the best
Elaine

Hi e,

You are correct in that CB ESA will not be taken under the UC umbrella, but IR ESA will be, eventually............ !!!

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #152876 by tobiasestelle
Replied by tobiasestelle on topic dwp refusing to action my successful esa award
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have spoken to them and they say I will be transferred onto esa but I don't understand why they want to wait for so long after I have been awarded it. They just keep saying that I'm not going to lose any money as the rate I'm getting will remain the same. But Im concerned about my housing benefit. I asked them if I need to Inform them that I have changed over to esa or will they inform them and she was very rude and said curtly "yes". So I I'm not sure. However I can't contact the housing until I receive the official letter to tell them that I have been migrated to esa.

Ps next week will be six weeks since I was awarded esa. This they told me over the phone but as said they have left me on my current benefits for all this time. I'm just simply curious as to why and a little worried about whether my housing benefit has been stopped as this happened to me before when they split my sda and income support into two payments and told the housing that that there had been a change in my circumstances. They stopped my housing benefit immediately although nothing had changed just simply got paid on a different day.
Maybe I am worrying over nothing. Fingers crossed
Anyway once again thank you all so much for your advice.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.