× Members

dwp refusing to action my successful esa award

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #152882 by bro58

tobiasestelle wrote: Thank you all so much for your replies. I have spoken to them and they say I will be transferred onto esa but I don't understand why they want to wait for so long after I have been awarded it. They just keep saying that I'm not going to lose any money as the rate I'm getting will remain the same. But Im concerned about my housing benefit. I asked them if I need to Inform them that I have changed over to esa or will they inform them and she was very rude and said curtly "yes". So I I'm not sure. However I can't contact the housing until I receive the official letter to tell them that I have been migrated to esa.

Ps next week will be six weeks since I was awarded esa. This they told me over the phone but as said they have left me on my current benefits for all this time. I'm just simply curious as to why and a little worried about whether my housing benefit has been stopped as this happened to me before when they split my sda and income support into two payments and told the housing that that there had been a change in my circumstances. They stopped my housing benefit immediately although nothing had changed just simply got paid on a different day.
Maybe I am worrying over nothing. Fingers crossed
Anyway once again thank you all so much for your advice.

Hi ts,

I think that you are worrying unduly !! :)

We are aware of many, many, many members who have been transferred over to ESA and their HB payments have continued seamlessly !!

Once you receive your ESA Decision Notice letter through the post, simply give your Council/LA HB Dept a ring to ensure that they are aware of the changeover.

You may find that they are already aware of this, but you should still contact them to make sure that they are.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.