× Members

Daughter going back to work. Who do I contact?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153603 by Gordon
rockstedyuk

The reclaim should not be an issue, she just needs to phone the DWP and restart the claim. It's likely that she will be re-assessed but it's not a given.

There's a guide to Permitted Work in the ESA section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

I can't give you a feeling for how likely her doing PW would effect her ESA, you need to look at the Descriptors under which she qualified for ESA and see whether any of them are contradicted by the work she is doing.

As an ME/CFS sufferer myself, are her activity levels up to the same level as what she will need to have when working and has she been able to maintain this level for a period of time without relapse? If her level of activity will be higher when she starts work than what she has been doing up to now then I would say that she is risking a relapse.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rockstedyuk
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153606 by rockstedyuk
Replied by rockstedyuk on topic Daughter going back to work. Who do I contact?
Thank you Gordon for your informative reply as always. She has been able to do activities almost every day for over a year now so I think that's what has lead to the idea of returning to work BUT this past week she has dipped down again. So as much as I would like her to get some life back I think maybe she needs to work at it some more. The trouble with ME (as you well know) is the constant one step forward two (sometimes three) steps back.

Thank you for all your help on this forum.

• rockstedyuk
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153711 by rockstedyuk
Replied by rockstedyuk on topic Daughter going back to work. Who do I contact?
I have another question. My daughter had a sort of induction day, which is how she started to think she would not be able to do the job. That was on Friday. I didnt realise she had already done a few hours there. Now the question is, she will apparently be paid for the day even though she has now decided and told the company she cant take on the job. How is this going to effect her ESA claim? She had not told them about the job yet? I told her to tell them after her first day. Shes worrying again.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153743 by Gordon

rockstedyuk wrote: I have another question. My daughter had a sort of induction day, which is how she started to think she would not be able to do the job. That was on Friday. I didnt realise she had already done a few hours there. Now the question is, she will apparently be paid for the day even though she has now decided and told the company she cant take on the job. How is this going to effect her ESA claim? She had not told them about the job yet? I told her to tell them after her first day. Shes worrying again.

If she's going to be paid then she really needs to inform the DWP of what has happened, if they detect the payment on their own and this does happen, then it will be much more difficult to explain after the fact.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.