× Members

ESA50 advice please

More
7 years 11 months ago #159663 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic ESA50 advice please
Yups...l though I'm going to hold my breath until Tuesday. I just can't stomach having my third bank holiday weekend of the year blighted by attempting to get sense out f the DWP or their cohorts.

Cheers, Gordon, I'll update when I have clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159867 by Shemarie
Just wanted to say a great big thank you, you wonderful people!!! I've spoken to the DWP and have been placed in the SG without a face- to- face. My previous award was also without a face- to- face, so I am stunned (in a good way, for a change).

The guides are, of course, invaluable, but equally important -for me at least- is the forum. It's the clarifications and the sense of support it provides, plus it's a bit of a safe haven where the sick and disabled are not demonised as lazy scrounging scum. God bless you all!

But the question remains: who actually voted for this government? Anyone owning up?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159913 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 advice please
Shemarie

Glad you got the result you were hoping for and thank you for your comments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159914 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 advice please
That's great news Shemarie! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :) (and, no, I didn't).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160062 by Shemarie
Glad to hear it, Mrs. HB!

I also managed to ask about the length of the award and was told 18 months. So I asked if the award ended at that time or the forms were sent out. The lady I spoke to had no idea.

I then asked her to send me an ESA85A. She said she had no clue what that was, but would check with her supervisor and have one sent. I won't hold my breath...

Just so I can anticipate the next one, is that the total duration of the award or when the next forms are sent? Or is it even possible to estimate?

Again, many thanks!

More
7 years 11 months ago #160064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 advice please
Shemarie

ESA claims are indefinite so yours will remain in payment until a new Decision is made even if that is in more than 18 months time. I would expect a new ESA50 to be sent out in 16-17 months time.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.