× Members

ESA Reassessment

More
8 years 2 months ago #152998 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic ESA Reassessment
Good afternoon forum,

I am due to attend an ESA reassessment f2f interview on 14th March, 2016. When I submitted my ESA50 questionnaire, I attached the template letter requesting that my f2f, should it be required (and it is), be recorded. When I received the date, I also sent the template letter, again asking that this assessment interview be recorded, also sending a copy to the DWP. If, when I attend the assessment centre next Monday, no recording equipment is in situ, can I refuse to continue without it? I understand it is not my legal right to have my interview recorded, so does this mean that I am obliged to continue anyway, and take the matter further afterwards, to avoid my benefit being stopped for so called non attendance? I realise that this is the worst case scenario but, unfortunately, like so many others on here, I have learnt to expect this in my dealings with this deeply unfair and convoluted system.

Your guidance regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153025 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Reassessment

Spridgett wrote: Good afternoon forum,

I am due to attend an ESA reassessment f2f interview on 14th March, 2016. When I submitted my ESA50 questionnaire, I attached the template letter requesting that my f2f, should it be required (and it is), be recorded. When I received the date, I also sent the template letter, again asking that this assessment interview be recorded, also sending a copy to the DWP. If, when I attend the assessment centre next Monday, no recording equipment is in situ, can I refuse to continue without it? I understand it is not my legal right to have my interview recorded, so does this mean that I am obliged to continue anyway, and take the matter further afterwards, to avoid my benefit being stopped for so called non attendance? I realise that this is the worst case scenario but, unfortunately, like so many others on here, I have learnt to expect this in my dealings with this deeply unfair and convoluted system.

Your guidance regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

You can refuse if you want, however, the recording equipment being unavailable will not be accepted by the DWP as Good Cause for your failing to attend, so if you have previously failed to attend or moved an appointment so that this is your second appointment, then you risk having your claim closed if you refuse to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spridgett

More
8 years 2 months ago #153042 by Spridgett
Good afternoon,

I am currently going through the reassessment process for ESA, having been put into the support group on appeal, following my migration from Incapacity Benefit. My previous failure to obtain ESA was largely down to an error on my part, which my welfare rights officer at the time successfully corrected for the appeal. I have made every effort not to repeat my mistake this time around, but I am wondering if it is acceptable practice, or indeed might be advantageous, to submit copies of the relevant previous appeal documentation in support of my claim this time around?

I have already submitted my ESA questionnaire and am due to attend a f2f next week, when I could take along copies of the above as additional evidence, if this could be considered a prudent course of action.

Your guidance regarding the above would, once again, be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153048 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Reassessment
Hi Spridgett,

I have merged this query with your previous topics relating to your ESa reassessments. It helps us enormously if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place. If/when you have further questions or comments relating to your ESA reassessment, please post them here rather than starting a new topic.

If you think your tribunal decision notice is helpful then you can certainly submit it. Take it along to the f2f and ask the assessor to read it before starting the assessment. If you wish, you can also send a copy to the DWP decision maker (although it should be sent to them when the rest of your notes are returned).

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153055 by Spridgett
Thank you so much for your help and for your housekeeping activities with regard to my recent posts, which are duly noted. Sorry!

More
8 years 2 months ago #153930 by Spridgett
Good afternoon forum,

I am seeking some feedback on my f2f, please, which took place yesterday as part of my reassessment for ESA, support group. Having formally requested the recording of this interview, when I asked whether this was indeed being done, the nurse HCP looked dumbfounded and set about sending for the recording equipment. When this was eventually set up, the interview began with questions about my long standing and complex medical issues. Having gone through the list of likely questions in your ESA guide, I kept waiting for these to begin but, aside from asking about my mode of transport to the assessment centre and the type of accommodation I lived in, none were forthcoming and no attempt was made to ask me anything about how my illnesses impacted on my daily routine or life in general. Then, out of the blue, after 18 minutes, she told me that she had all the information she needed. I took this to mean that the verbal part of the exam was now over (to my surprise) and we would be moving on to the clinical examination of my physical limitations, but, no, to my utter astonishment she informed me that the assessment was now concluded and apologised profusely for the one hour wait I had had to endure before being seen.

I am bamboozled by this assessment. At my previous f2f, I was asked most of the questions in the aforementioned list and then underwent quite a comprehensive clinical assessment of my physical limitations. This time round, the only clinical aspect was a peak flow meter reading.

My husband and carer, who supported me, views the brevity of the assessment in a positive light in that, to his uninitiated eye, the assessor had made her mind up about me before I entered the room and that the interview was merely a box ticking (literally!) exercise. I am more sceptical, however, and was awake all night worrying about how she could make a recommendation to the DWP Decision Maker regarding the relevant physical descriptors, after such an 18 minute, recorded, assessment, having not seen me attempt any of the described functions. I had completed the ESA online questionnaire quite comprehensively, using your guides, and enclosed a couple of letters of support, but still nothing which I would expect to have blown the assessor's mind in her recommendation to the DWP Decision Maker.
I will be requesting a copy of the ESA85.

Paranoia is setting in and any insights from the form, whether positive. negative, or indeed ambiguous, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris